Chickens in Malibu

Featured Posts

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LilyLark
1 minute ago, Shav33l said:

ARUTW's lyrics is much better imo.

Yeah, Norman F*cking Rockwell, ARUTW, Hard Place, and Bring me my Flowers Now all have better lyrics than Bad Guy and SOTY is more about the songwriting. There's a reason the songwriter went for ARUTW. The other nominees are still bangers and great, but lyrically aren't as strong.

Chickens in Malibu
2 minutes ago, Poker said:

What aspects do they have in mind when voting song of the year? And what's the difference with record of the year?

Song is songwriting.

Record is production.

LilyLark
2 minutes ago, Poker said:

What aspects do they have in mind when voting song of the year? And what's the difference with record of the year?

SOTY is more about songwriting (probably why the songwriter voted for ARUTW), and ROTY is more about production.

LilyLark
2 minutes ago, LaLa said:

Well somebody out there voted for ARUTW, we have a chance :selena:

Probably the only time I've actively rooted for Gaga not to win (I doubt she will anyway, but I'm crossing my fingers). Anyone winning in the major categories (soundtrack ought to be fine, tho) is going to have to deal with a lot of unfair sh*t because of the controversy right now.

Daylight Jokers
19 minutes ago, Chickens in Malibu said:

https://money.yahoo.com/grammy-insiders-reveal-secret-ballots-211933078.html

Three voters have shared their votes. They're split as follow:

Record of the Year: Old Town Road (2), Bad Guy (1)

Album of the Year: H.E.R (1), Ariana Grande (1), Vampire Weekend (1)

Song of the Year: Bad Guy (2), Always Remember Us This Way (1)

Best New Artist: Billie (2), Lizzo (1)

NFR,sweetie....

Madame Goo Goo

I'm gonna call it -ARUTW WILL walk away with SOTY and Gaga will feel like a clown for not attending the Grammys. Putting it into the universe!!!

Lady Gaga doesn't owe us anything

LilyLark
Just now, LGs LM said:

NFR,sweetie....

The best songwriting of all of the albums nominated and of all the SOTY choices...and she'll probably win nothing. Ugh.

Shav33l
1 minute ago, LilyLark said:

Yeah, Norman F*cking Rockwell, ARUTW, Hard Place, and Bring me my Flowers Now all have better lyrics than Bad Guy and SOTY is more about the songwriting. There's a reason the songwriter went for ARUTW. The other nominees are still bangers and great, but lyrically aren't as strong.

Yes, exactly! Can't believe the word "duh" is nominated for SOTY! No shade to the Billie fans, don't come for me.:selena:

Red wine, cheap perfume and a filthy pout.

13 minutes ago, Chickens in Malibu said:

Not so fast.

Billie will win. But I'm surprised some voters would vote for ARUTW lmao. The song isn't even a single.

I know, it's a joke 

I'm not delusional enough 

툭 까보면 어김없이 소리질러와

1 minute ago, LilyLark said:

Probably the only time I've actively rooted for Gaga not to win (I doubt she will anyway, but I'm crossing my fingers). Anyone winning in the major categories (soundtrack ought to be fine, tho) is going to have to deal with a lot of unfair sh*t because of the controversy right now.

I still want the wins lol. Next year no one will care about this scandal (we know how Hollywood's memory for bad behaviour works :huntyga:). And there are much bigger targets than Gaga in terms of suspect nom and wins I'd say

PopThatArt

My opinion, I do not feel Billie Eilish deserves to be nominated. 

30 minutes ago, Chickens in Malibu said:

Not so fast.

Billie will win. But I'm surprised some voters would vote for ARUTW lmao. The song isn't even a single.

Songs DO NOT have to be singles to be nominated, And Gaga actually released a video for Always Remember Us This Way, it was sort of a single. And it's far superior than anything in the category it's nominated in. If it doesn't win, it's clear this category was rigged again. 

Go see A Star is Born

PopThatArt
20 minutes ago, Madame Goo Goo said:

I'm gonna call it -ARUTW WILL walk away with SOTY and Gaga will feel like a clown for not attending the Grammys. Putting it into the universe!!!

Actually, I think they may try to make a point and be like "you don't have to attend and perform to win", (like they did the other year)  to try to refute Deborah Dugan's claims about how Ken Ehrlich, the Grammy producer, always tries to persuade them to give the award to the performer. 

Go see A Star is Born

PopThatArt
35 minutes ago, LilyLark said:

Honestly hope Gaga only wins compilation soundtrack (I know her chances for SOTY are like .5%, anyway). With all the controversy going on, whoever wins is going to have to deal with a lot of loud talk about how it wasn't a fair win.

And..to be honest I kind of understand it. I love  H.E.R., but I don't get the Grammy love. There are artists with more critical acclaim (FKA Twigs, Ari Lennox, Lana Del Rey, Maggie Rogers, etc.) and yet H.E.R. has had something like 10 nominations when all she has done is put out a few e.p.'s? If she was a major commercial artist like Rihanna, Gaga, etc. I would understand it, because the Grammys are basically a popularity contest and an attempt to get a lot of viewers.....but H.E.R. has had very little commercial success, too.

Critical acclaim shouldn't matter though, it's not the critics voting, it is members of the academy, some of them are older and have a different taste in music, but recently they have actually made some younger unknown musicians part of the academy, allowing them to vote. Those voting are allowed to have different tastes in music than the critics, and popularity shouldn't determine the winner, Grammys are supposed to be about the quality of the music not how many copies or streams it has.  

Go see A Star is Born

Archived