💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
throwback

Best Fourth Single Option for Femme Fatale?

27monster27

Femme Fatale Fourth Single  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Best Fourth Single Option for Femme Fatale?

• Keep Criminal as the fourth single.
    • Inside Out
    • (Drop Dead) Beautiful featuring Sabi
    • Other

Featured Posts

27monster27

I know that this is a bit of an old topic, but I am curious to see what people think.

he/him/his

Jose P

Criminal is good but doesn’t fit in the album at all. Inside Out is amazing on the other hand. And Drop Dead Beautiful could have been a single as well but the solo version. 

dynamite
7 minutes ago, Red said:

Unpopular opinion but Criminal is a really good song :selena:

Is that unpopular? Deaf people :wtfga:

ChavaWM
3 minutes ago, ThisGuyTony said:

He About to Lose Me would’ve been a good choice tbh. 

One of my all time favorite songs by her, it's not overly processed, it's a bop and chill at the same time, and I enjoy the clearer vocals

Just now, dynamite said:

Is that unpopular? Deaf people :wtfga:

I remember every single one of my friends hated when Criminal came on the radio, they use to say the flute was annoying :messga:

JustJames

@BeethovenI absolutely LOVE How I Roll and, to this day, bop to it weekly. It's just complete FUN;  almost any deep cut on Blackout, Circus, or Femme Fetale would be more enjoyable than pop music today. IMO.

Britney is right up there with Gaga in terms of the 2 artists I stan most. Both also happen to have some of the worst history in terms of choosing singles from their eras. That Circus came a grinding halt because she was obligated to release Radar while tracks like Unusual You, Out From Under, Kill the Lights, and Shattered Glass were tossed aside is tragic.

But, I think almost any song off Femme Fetale would have been successful EXCEPT Criminal. There might be a few others, but even though I really like Criminal, she had her first 3 Top-10 hit era of her career going, so pulling back from the dance smashes to... a flute-backed ballad (ish?) was a miss. 

My pick: Inside Out would have gone top 10 for sure; it was a slower bop, but still had a danceable beat behind it, and the lyrics were catchy and sensual and just very, Britney.. and very Femme Fetale. I love, love, love songs that reference singers' previous work so the 'hit me one more time' line gets me every time.

Trouble For Me would be my 2nd choice and the only other song I think would have definitely slayed the top 10. For me, How I Roll, Seal it with a Kiss, and Drop Dead (Beautiful) are on the same tier and all could have been Top 20 - Top 40. 

But, like with Circus, this era shouldn't have even stopped at 4. Trip to your Heart was a great slower-paced song that, with proper planning, could have had steady radio play and been a solid hit to round the era with a bit of diversity.

1. Hold it Against Me > 2. Til the World Ends (remix released sooner, though) > 3. I Wanna Go > 4. Inside Out > Drop Dead (Beautiful) (promo single) > 5. Trouble For Me > 6. Trip to your Heart

Circus while I'm at it:

1. Womanizer > 2. Circus > 3. Kill the Lights > 4. Unusual You > Shattered Glass (promo single) > 5. If U Seek Amy > 6. Out From Under

27monster27
39 minutes ago, JustJames said:

My pick: Inside Out would have gone top 10 for sure; it was a slower bop, but still had a danceable beat behind it, and the lyrics were catchy and sensual and just very, Britney.. and very Femme Fetale. I love, love, love songs that reference singers' previous work so the 'hit me one more time' line gets me every time.

I personally agree with Inside Out. It wasn't as drastic of a change from the previous singles as Criminal, but it still would have brought forth a necessary calm after the huge storm of the first three singles.

My ideal era.:

1st - Hold it Against Me

2nd - Till the World Ends

3rd - I Wanna Go

4th - Inside Out

5th - He About to Lose Me

6th - Seal it With a Kiss

Femme Fatale tour starts in June of 2012, and ends in December of that year.

Spoiler

Also, not medicate her to extreme extents like her management did. :triggered:

he/him/his

27monster27
18 hours ago, Phlop said:

Am I the only one who likes Gasoline and Trip To Your Heart? :huh:

Gasoline does have some potential in it, I don't feel quite as much potential for success out of Trip to Your Heart. It can get to be hard to decide because Femme Fatale is an album where a large majority of the songs are single worthy.

he/him/his

Archived