Selena Gomez: EXPOSED

theahsfan

Featured Posts

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
RepentingSinner
6 minutes ago, theahsfan said:

If Selena took the odd song, like Gaga with Telephone and Come To Mama (although she has writing credits on it and  co-produced it too, same with TIHTY), then it wouldn't matter because it's a one off- but she probably barely writes anything for herself

Also sampling is not the same thing. Sampling is like wearing an outfit inspired by someone else's look, but putting your own spin on it and adapting it, showing admiration in the process. Not straight up copying their look, which is in my opinion what Selena is doing on this album. A compilation of other artist's rejects:saladga:

How is it "copying someone's look" when only one of these artists (Bebe) has any kind of writing credits on the rejects? 

Reid LePage
47 minutes ago, GagaInTheZone said:

I think the main issue here is that she claims to work her ass off when all she did is record vocals to songs that people made for her.

recording is so physically demanding, don't underestimate people who "just record vocals"

4 minutes ago, Hybrid Rose said:

recording is so physically demanding, don't underestimate people who "just record vocals"

People fail to realize how much "singing" is actually done for ONE song. But this fan site isn't ready for that conversation. :enigma:

Reid LePage
1 minute ago, Floppy said:

People fail to realize how much "singing" is actually done for ONE song. But this fan site isn't ready for that conversation. :enigma:

THANK YOU

Y'all need to leave her alone. 

Stop trying to act like she's any less talented than Britney Spears. They both stand there and sing. 

That's enough for some people. 

3 minutes ago, Hybrid Rose said:

THANK YOU

I bet if you asked these fans to record a song they would get in that booth and realize a studio can only do so much. People with ZERO singing ability CAN'T fake it in the studio like people think. Like I said they aren't ready for that conversation though lol.

elijahfan

I mean, you can be just a vocalist and be considered an artist. Many of the greatest entertainers in history have never written a word.

But I agree it does feel a bit tricky when you're presenting a work as highly personal, and it turns out you had nothing to do with most of the writing, but whatever. I'm not a hater.

ChromaticPrincess
1 hour ago, theahsfan said:

I would argue so, in the case of Britney

:triggered: 

✨oh the lights dim while we’re dancing yeah the floor is shaking in this disco heaven✨

ChromaticPrincess
10 minutes ago, Doot said:

Y'all need to leave her alone. 

Stop trying to act like she's any less talented than Britney Spears. They both stand there and sing. 

That's enough for some people. 

I get ur point and agree with you

But

CAN WE PLEASE STOP COMPARING SELENA TO BRITNEY ****ING SPEARS.

It’s just like the Taylor Madonna thread. They are in their own lanes. Britney got ****ed over by essentially everyone and everything and the fact the she’s even alive today is a miracle. But she is undeniably a legend. And I like Selena Gomez, I really, do. But Britney’s case is just so so so SO different than Selena’s, it makes me angry when they’re both compared because they’re so different and don’t deserve that.  

sorry for popping off on you it’s just you kinda struck a nerve and people nowadays are really tryna erase her legacy because she lipsyncs and doesn’t really write a lot of hers songs. 

OP: Just let the bitch live, Rare was cute, it just needed a better album cover. She’s finally having an album that’s really her and not made to chart, let her have her moment. 

✨oh the lights dim while we’re dancing yeah the floor is shaking in this disco heaven✨

elijahfan
3 minutes ago, Enzo said:

The fact she cannot even sing them properly :air:

That is problematic, I mean I'm still not over her AMAs performance giving me major 2007 Britney vibes :wtfga:

Also she seems really anxious and unhappy in most interviews I've seen recently, to the point it made me wonder why she was still doing this job. She seems really out of it.

1 hour ago, Musicisfreedom said:

Exposed how? Does this mean Kylie Minogue isn't  real artist either? Britney?  

imagine comparing the musical output of an actual legend like Ms Kylie Ann Minogue to a girl who three albums in her solo career and after more than a decade in the industry is incredibly generic and has no artistic identity :rip: 

who will love me when the night is over

• Admin locked this topic

Archived