Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Selena Gomez: EXPOSED

theahsfan

Featured Posts

theahsfan
2 minutes ago, malazam said:

Rocket number 9 take off to the planet.

Do you have the demos of the songs? How do you know Rare isn't Selena's vision?

SAMPLING and adapting lyrical content/a melody into a new context in a creative way is NOT the same as just recording your own version of someone else's song 

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
mr.peter

people forget theres such a thing as a recording artist. they record music with their voice to make art. 

Is she's talented ? thats subjective 

Whitney Houston never wrote any of her records... but that voice is art ! she's a recording artist 

ProdigyARTPOP
13 minutes ago, Glamourpuss said:

I saw an article the other day where she said she wishes she had written  Hello by Adele.

flavor of love wtf GIF

She did not say that, she said that she wished Adele would cover LYTLM

ThisGuyTony

It’s a cute album but saying it’s her most honest and personal when the lyrics are kinda generic and sounds like Revival 2.0... 

theahsfan
Just now, mr.peter said:

people forget theres such a thing as a recording artist. they record music with their voice to make art. 

Is she's talented ? thats subjective 

Whitney Houston never wrote any of her records... but that voice is art ! she's a recording artist 

Except Selena can barely even sing well, so it begs the question, why even bother? I guess the answer is because she enjoys it, but she- and other artists, in my opinion- should develop some integrity and write their own sh*t

theahsfan
Just now, ThisGuyTony said:

It’s a cute album but saying it’s her most honest and personal when the lyrics are kinda generic and sounds like Revival 2.0... 

Especially when someone else wrote the lyrics to most of the songs/title track, Rare 

Like bby.... that's just not it:selena:

theahsfan
18 minutes ago, Blue Lagoon said:

Oh something every artist does

k

I think you'll find that there are artists who write at least like 80% of their own music and will only very rarely buy songs from other artists 

malazam
6 minutes ago, theahsfan said:

Judge, I can't represent my client anymore.

Anyway, if we're calling not artists people that don't write or produce their songs we'll have like 10 artists.

Gaga didn't write Come to Mama or TIHTY for example, yet we're not saying she's not an artists. Her biggest songs use samples like BR or PF.

Britney does the same as Selena, Beyonce and Rihanna share Sia's custody.

Being an artist is way more than not recording original songs.

another shot before we kiss the other side

RepentingSinner
3 minutes ago, theahsfan said:

Except Selena can barely even sing well

Im no Selena fan, but just cuz someone is not the best at singing means they shouldnt do it? smh

Jose P

Be been knew tho.
I mean, I stan Britney so I won’t say there’s anything wrong with not writing your own music. But gurl don’t pretend like you’ve created your art cause you haven’t :reductive:

ProdigyARTPOP
1 minute ago, LittleLocoCoco said:

Im no Selena fan, but just cuz someone is not the best at singing means they shouldnt do it? smh

Thank you, we all act like early 00s pop darlings were vocalists and had their pens crafting all the hits when that’s nowhere near true.

theahsfan
4 minutes ago, malazam said:

Gaga didn't write Come to Mama or TIHTY for example, yet we're not saying she's not an artists. Her biggest songs use samples like BR or PF.

Britney does the same as Selena, Beyonce and Rihanna share Sia's custody.

Being an artist is way more than not recording original songs.

If Selena took the odd song, like Gaga with Telephone and Come To Mama (although she has writing credits on it and  co-produced it too, same with TIHTY), then it wouldn't matter because it's a one off- but she probably barely writes anything for herself

Also sampling is not the same thing. Sampling is like wearing an outfit inspired by someone else's look, but putting your own spin on it and adapting it, showing admiration in the process. Not straight up copying their look, which is in my opinion what Selena is doing on this album. A compilation of other artist's rejects:saladga:

• Admin locked this topic

Archived