Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Billie Eilish reveals she almost ended her life

Morphine Prince

Featured Posts

Omg I'm actually listening to "everything I wanted" which is a song about a dream she had of herself dying... I feel bad for her really

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Miracle
Just now, nenhures said:

Mocking suicide most certainly is xo

I was mocking Billie Eilish not suicide

Anyway

Lord Temptation
12 minutes ago, Didymus said:

Ok, how did you feel about the mvs for Paparazzi, Bad Romance, Telephone and Alejandro? :oprah:

The violence in those videos (except Alejandro) is brutal. I can stomach art that accurately depicts the senselessness of people being thrown off a balcony or being poisoned, or the horror in discovering your spouse is a murderer. Or in some of Gaga’s violence in her videos is Tarantinoesque and displays more of a revenge scenario where a slavewoman fights her master and enacts justice, like in Bad Romance where she kills her Russian mafia master. She has created roles that empower women. She can subvert the narrative: Women can be the heroes. 

geusst1235
18 minutes ago, Lord Temptation said:

Let me tell you. Suicide is scary. It is not glamourous. Neither is violence against women. All of her videos disgust me because of all the sanitised violence, even if it is only directed at her. It shows zero consequence. There is no moral to the nonexistent story. Just random shots of weird violent sh*t that looks cool. I have no sympathy for people who make violence look pretty. 

Billie has went in depth regarding the various metaphors that fuel the imagery in the videos multiple times. So no, it's not just a bunch of flashy shots with no substance.

Besides, every little thing does not need a powerful message or meaning behind it. Even Gaga has stated that some things don't need to be metaphorical or story driven, and are simply made to entice the viewer into asking "Why?". In other words, the point is just to make the audience think or experience something, whatever that may be.

nenhures

Today I learned:

- Art is only okay when I like it

- Selective outrage is awesome, everyone should try it

- Mocking someone's suicide attempt is funny

- Being dense is actually really great

Thomas P
9 minutes ago, Miracle said:

Wish the "almost" wasn't there :)

What the ****.

Youre trash

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

dynamite
12 minutes ago, Miracle said:

Wish the "almost" wasn't there :)

What the ****ing hell is wrong with you? Seek help.

dynamite
9 minutes ago, Miracle said:

a joke about someone I don't know that's never gonna check this forum isn't vile xo

Yes it is

misunderstood
26 minutes ago, nenhures said:

Are you kidding me? Since when haven't people portrayed their afflictions through art? Because she's young she couldn't have possibly experienced any of it or have the need to talk about it? Must everything she does be performative and attention-seeking and not a genuine expression of her feelings? People like you are the reason why so many are afraid to reach out and talk about their woes, because then it gets brushed off and mocked. Having empathy doesn't cost anything, you know.

PERIOD.

THANK YOU SO MUCH.

"I'd rather be poor and happy, than rich and alone"

geusst1235
12 minutes ago, Miracle said:

I was mocking Billie Eilish not suicide

Anyway

Doesn't change the fact that comments such as those are still rude and blatantly immature. They have absolutely no place on this site at all.

misunderstood
21 minutes ago, Lord Temptation said:

Let me tell you. Suicide is scary. It is not glamourous. Neither is violence against women. All of her videos disgust me because of all the sanitised violence, even if it is only directed at her. It shows zero consequence. There is no moral to the nonexistent story. Just random shots of weird violent sh*t that looks cool. I have no sympathy for people who make violence look pretty. 

If you're gonna be an activist at least make what you're talking about make sense! Work on your empathy for people as well. Lots of y'all seem to have a problem with real sympathy.

"I'd rather be poor and happy, than rich and alone"

29 minutes ago, Lord Temptation said:

Well, the way Billie is portraying suicide as “artistic” is pretty new.

no, its pretty gross.

i've been the closest to ending my life, once i literally was about to jump off the top floor of the building where i live (everythings better now and i dont have any suicidal thoughts) and let me tell you there's nothing artistic about the darkness thats in your mind at those times. its sad and and horrifying to say the least. these kind of stuff is what makes people think that self harmers and people who attempt suicide, do it because they want attention.

Lord Temptation
13 minutes ago, Didymus said:

That's very untrue as well. I suggest digging a bit deeper into her lyrics and reading some of her interviews :hug:

I don’t dislike Billie. I just don’t think she is the mastermind behind all of her videos. She admitted that it was her brother Finneas that said to her “I’m going to make you the world’s biggest pop star”. This is actually recorded in some interview, and Billie said it herself. So i’m not blaming her. 

It’s her family. They’ve overworked her and put her in very compromising positions. Her family is like a cult holding her hostage to fame. Sickening.

Archived