💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

CC: RuPaul is the Hitler, false prophet, anti-Christ of the LGBTQ community

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

BUtterfield 8

Carmen Carrera is an American reality television personality, model, burlesque performer, and actress, known for appearing on the third season of the Logoreality television series RuPaul's Drag Race, as well as its spin-offseries RuPaul's Drag U. Carrera is a transgender woman.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carmen_Carrera

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Didymus

I understand her pov (I also understand RuPaul's) but her exaggerated namecalling is... a mess.

Any point she might have made is probably gonna be buried because of how she put it and that's a real shame.

vmpiregrn

I agree that RuPaul can choke and that transphobia is detestable. But anyone comparing someone to Hitler with such conviction is...walking a very slippery slope in the eyes of the public. 

I agree with the sentiment but not the execution of the statement.

Zander

Comparing Ru to someone that murdered millions. Yikes :awkney:

I can understand where she's coming from but think of a better comparison luv. 

Ryusei

Can someone fill me in on what Ru is doing? I‘ve seen people for a while now writing the opposite of nice things about Ru. Anyone got a link/some links?

Musery

NFRatwell
3 minutes ago, Ryusei said:

Can someone fill me in on what Ru is doing? I‘ve seen people for a while now writing the opposite of nice things about Ru. Anyone got a link/some links?

Me to

1 minute ago, Ryusei said:

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2018/mar/03/rupaul-drag-race-big-f-you-to-male-dominated-culture

Spoiler

So how can a transgender woman be a drag queen? “Mmmm. It’s an interesting area. Peppermint didn’t get breast implants until after she left our show; she was identifying as a woman, but she hadn’t really transitioned.” Would he accept a contestant who had? He hesitates again. “Probably not. You can identify as a woman and say you’re transitioning, but it changes once you start changing your body. It takes on a different thing; it changes the whole concept of what we’re doing. We’ve had some girls who’ve had some injections in the face and maybe a little bit in the butt here and there, but they haven’t transitioned.”

Ru has been called out for having transphobic or misogynistic views towards drag over the last few years and there is no openly trans queens on the new season.

Serious question. Why do trans women want to enter a drag competition? If they consider themselves women why enter a competition where the premise is that men dress up as women? I understand that it is only one type of drag and it could also be women that dress as men etc but I don’t connect trans women (who live as women), to men who dress up as women but don’t consider themselves as such. Excuse my ignorance but I would love to understand it. 

Edonis
Just now, PopTwo said:

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2018/mar/03/rupaul-drag-race-big-f-you-to-male-dominated-culture

Hide contents

So how can a transgender woman be a drag queen? “Mmmm. It’s an interesting area. Peppermint didn’t get breast implants until after she left our show; she was identifying as a woman, but she hadn’t really transitioned.” Would he accept a contestant who had? He hesitates again. “Probably not. You can identify as a woman and say you’re transitioning, but it changes once you start changing your body. It takes on a different thing; it changes the whole concept of what we’re doing. We’ve had some girls who’ve had some injections in the face and maybe a little bit in the butt here and there, but they haven’t transitioned.”

Ru has been called out for having transphobic or misogynistic views towards drag over the last few years and there is no openly trans queens on the new season.

It's actually quite shocking how transphobic he is to trans queens considering his history. He was friends with so many trans acts and performers back in the 80s and early 90s during the bygone club kids era. I mean, Amanda Lepore, Tish Gervais, etc. were all perfectly fine with him back in the day doing their thing in drag clubs? No one seemed to have an issue with trans performers in drag then? So why now? 

Spoiler

Off-topic, but if you want to see a very cool look at queer life in the 1980s, you all should look up Nelson Sullivan's videos as part of the 5 Ninth Avenue project on YouTube. You see a lot of the club kids before they were famous as well as an interesting look at the evolution of the nightlife scene  in underground NYC. See here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/5ninthavenueproject

Bonkers

Listen, nobody has done more for gay rights than the trans community and RuPaul was out there making a difference way before it was cool or safe.  I don't tolerate criticism of RuPaul.   :huntyga:

Remember to like and subscribe, and click on the bell icon to get the latest updates

bloody g

carmen is known for being crazy... so yea

『𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐝』

Archived