💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Does Stupid Love sound weird to you?

LateToCult

Featured Posts

Didymus

Yup. Ever since ARTPOP she seems to have moved away from a polished sound. She clearly enjoys releasing music which sounds like it's almost spontaneously recorded in a studio.

I'm pretty sure it's an artistic decision. Because when you listen to, for example, her The Fame tracks now, it's just shocking how clean, polished and musically focused they sound. You can just hear very clearly that every single vocal take was repeated over and over again until it sounded perfect. I'm sure she re-records her vocal takes too now, but with a different intention: to sound "real" and "raw" and not longer to sound pleasing on the ear necessarily.

Just my take.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
dynamite
3 minutes ago, hpmcmill said:

I've bopped and bopped but never heard a bridge per se - a change in the song that's different than the verse/pre-chorus/verse/pre-chorus/chorus structure. 

I'm sure it's a bridge (it's just not interesting), the first 2 verses are the same and it changes in the 3rd part in both singing style and instrumental. It follows her usual structure of verse, chorus, verse, chorus, bridge, chorus.

Sepsami

No gurr, everytime I listen to it for the first time in a couple of hours I fall in love with it again. I honestly think it's one of the best songs she's made recently :diane:

Chickens in Malibu

Delusional LMs thought this was the lead lol.

It's a demo Gaga herself leaked to troll you guys. She wouldn't release such an unfinished low potential song as the lead.

StuckInMyMind
18 minutes ago, FfFfFfFF said:

Yes. Now that the hype is fading, I can see that it does sound a bit off. :messga:

And this is what I meant about leaks ruining the release... the hype fades and people start to criticise. Whereas if we’d listened to it once it was released, if we didn’t like it after a week, we’d know the album wasn’t far off release

TheSlash

I feel the production on the chorus is a little abrupt. I would like to hear better transitions and maybe a harmony or two in the background :green: .

This is not me complaining, bc I shake my whole body to this bop at least 10 times a day :tony:  :diane:

Ew, David!

ChicaSkas

Yes it does, somewhat like a concept demo. There are all shades and colors in demos —- this one sounds atypical aurally in structure. 

Do YOU own the 4' by 6' Perfect Illusion promo Poster? Will pay you for it. Pic: http://i.imgur.com/UWuzumk

SEXODUS
49 minutes ago, Chickens in Malibu said:

Delusional LMs thought this was the lead lol.

It's a demo Gaga herself leaked to troll you guys. She wouldn't release such an unfinished low potential song as the lead.

Wouldn't she? :selena:

LateToCult
54 minutes ago, Chickens in Malibu said:

*Perfect Illusion has entered the chat*

1 hour ago, Didymus said:

Yup. Ever since ARTPOP she seems to have moved away from a polished sound. She clearly enjoys releasing music which sounds like it's almost spontaneously recorded in a studio.

I'm pretty sure it's an artistic decision. Because when you listen to, for example, her The Fame tracks now, it's just shocking how clean, polished and musically focused they sound. You can just hear very clearly that every single vocal take was repeated over and over again until it sounded perfect. I'm sure she re-records her vocal takes too now, but with a different intention: to sound "real" and "raw" and not longer to sound pleasing on the ear necessarily.

Just my take.

This actually makes sense. She seems to have strayed away from heavy vocal layering. I think it helps the listener feel more emotion in her voice but I wish she would go back to how it used to be where I would find hidden vocals years after initial release. 

IllusionLover

The only thing weird about it it's that I've feel like I've heard it before, idk I also remember having a dream of hearing it in full before it leaked, but ofc I don't remember how it sounded in my dream... :oprah:

13 | this is my dancefloor i fought for, your voice is louder, it echoes

Archived