Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Glamour says Taylor Swift is the closest figure to Madonna

Bambino

Featured Posts

Bambino

Not since Madonna has a single artist commanded this much attention over her every move. I've said for years, actually, that it's Swift—not Britney Spears, not Lady Gaga—who is the closest contemporary figure we have to Madonna. Both are talented songwriters and visual chameleons. Both receive the sexist criticism of being "calculated" and "manipulating." Both get coverage on their private and professional lives in equal measure. And just like Madonna has gone on to provoke, inspire, and reinvent herself year after year, I have a feeling Taylor Swift will do the same. Not only is she the artist of this decade, she could easily be the one of the next. And, who knows, maybe even the one after that.

Glamour Magazine

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So far from the truth. Madonna and Taylor Swift have nothing in common other than their blonde hair and even then the shade is different

I love Taylor but hell no. Not even close.
Madonna is unique and none of the pop girls we have today is 10% of what Madonna was

Regina George

lmao :laughga: Love Taylor but no. And to think Gaga went to that magazine’s cheap award ceremony and gave an amazing speech in 2013/14... 

Regina George
Just now, rojo said:

Taylor got bangs and suddenly she's a chameleon? HA

:laughga:

Chromatica

I would agree with this. Taylor makes an effort to distinguish every album cycle with a different aesthetic, which is one of the most Madonna things one can do. 

dynamite

Eh. She isn't on Madonna's level but what Cher said about Madonna applies to Taylor too... She does the best with what she has. She's not a great singer, not a great dancer. She just knows how to play the game.

Archived