💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Glamour says Taylor Swift is the closest figure to Madonna

Bambino

Featured Posts

RochestrMonstr

I don’t agree fully, but I think Taylor and Madonna’s talents are more similar to each others than either of them are to Lady Gaga. 

I’m just glad they’re not still trying to say Gaga is like Madonna. That went on far too long, 

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Economy
2 hours ago, Spock said:

In some ways she is but in so many others she's not

imo no pop girl has the full Madonna "package" of impact, sales, respect, controversy, touring force, celebrity, consistency, performance, etc. only a combination of a few of those things, so you could make the same argument with all the big names tbh

Taylor has been the biggest female artist in album sales (excluding Adele) and has big tours and in the last few years has had more media coverage

But not even the overall package, just focusing specifically on what the magazine said in terms of following every move etc...

She's only bigger than Gaga and Britney Spears (the examples they gave) in those departments recently

At their Peaks both Gaga and Britney were bigger than Taylor ever were in media buzz

And even in Album sales (even factoring in modern streaming points), Taylor never had an album as big as Britney's biggest... And I'm not certain of this one but probably not even as big as The Fame either...

It's always tough to say who the biggest is when there's no one dominating every category

But on a career as a whole that looks back which u have to if comparing it to Madonna, u can't just look at the last few years where Taylor has arguably been the biggest...

Looking back at their entire career since Madonna I'd put Beyonce, Britney Spears or Mariah Carey ahead of Taylor tbh

derpmonster

Quick, someone post this to MadonnaNation :ladyhaha:

Who is that Taylor stan who tried to make a MN account recently?

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

BARCODE

I'm actually okay with this because it just proves Gaga never was or is trying to just be "the next Madonna". Gaga has actually evolved enough that she is compared to other artists besides just Madonna. 

Taylor can have Madonna. It took her 15 years to reach that comparison. It took Gaga 2. And then Gaga moved on from that even proving her talent exceeded Madonna. 

For the record though...Taylor Swift has never taken a genuine risk on any remote level that Madonna, Gaga, Cher, Janet, Pink, **** even Christina and Britney have. 

Taylor Swift has played everything safe musically. Her persona is sometimes bold...but her actual art is not...and Madonna's persona AND art took risks. 

The closest thing to "making a move artistically/musically/visually that could damage your career" Taylor has ever done was the You Need To Calm Down video...and even that was the most cartoonized version of the LGBT community....AND 15 years into her career? 

It's not like Taylor made a song defending someone besides herself and reputation on her first 6 albums. Madonna and Gaga were defending multiple communities that they didnt even belong to within their first or second albums. When it still could have cost them their careers. 

Taylor has never lost part of the straight community because of her artistic choices. She never went out on the White House lawn asking the President directly to allow people to serve their country. She never ran the risk of a government detaining her because of her bold lyrical content. She never had people saying she wasnt a certain gender because of her looks. She never had a religious leader targeting her because of her lyrical content. 

She had another hip hop star embarassing her on a stage once, and then some Twitter stans get on her for questionably being a little mischievous behind the scenes and then she victimized herself 2 whole eras because of it and called it sexism. She had a guy grab her butt one time. Not okay...but...

She was never raped. She was never told she was too ugly. She was never told she was over by her label and un-financed. She never had to cancel a tour because of a major health problem. She has never suffered through an addiction. She never was forced to reinvent to prove her talent. She reinvented for more success while M and G reinvented for art and awareness.

Taylor Swift has a tiny struggle and blows it up. 

Madonna, and Gaga have had the media try and destroy them and they still pulled through. Multiple comebacks. Multiple wins after losses. True fighters. And they didnt have to make a silly pop song about it everytime. They just kept hustling. Maybe Madonna was rude but at least it was for a cause bigger than herself. 

Sorry, Taylor for that reason is not on Madonna or Gaga's level. Personally or artistically. 

Gov Hooka

Ew f.uck no. Taylor has to actually produce deep, meaningful lyrics and touch on controversial topics and be even remotely edgy to even catch up to Gaga, Rihanna, and Beyonce let alone Madonna. Disgrace to Madonna to say this imo. 

Biggest Fan

Why do we value the opinion of this big companies 

Do we have to get credit first for them to be someone 

I do know she’s a good artist but like Madonna ? 
mans I know for sure with all respect Lady Gaga is better artistically speaking talented and creative. Look at her Jazz and Enigma #1 show 

like gets on my nerves this editorials make such articles, makes other artists look bad and is really gagging on our throats their big juicy thick opinion:huntyga:

🤖

bloody g

madonna has done good things but her legacy is stained. Taylor still has a chance to build a more positive career and use her voice for good, unlike others.

『𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐝』

Jose P

Umm haha yeah umm :awkney:

No shade to Taylor I think she’s great but umm no ma’am.

The closest thing to Madonna right now is honestly Gaga. And this has nothing to do with the comparisons between the two.

It’s just in terms of creativity, controversy, ambition, and versatility, Gaga is the only modern artist that comes to mind who has come close to Madonna’s level. The only thing Taylor has come close to is the sales. Besides that, she’s not even close, sorry not sorry :reductive:

Jose P
1 minute ago, Bloody Grammys said:

madonna has done good things but her legacy is stained.

:awkney: Care to explain?

bloody g
3 minutes ago, Jose P said:

:awkney: Care to explain

her public image is in a bad state and the quality of her music has dropped considerably in the past decade

『𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐝』

Archived