Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Glamour says Taylor Swift is the closest figure to Madonna

Bambino

Featured Posts

TEANUS

Nah dawg, not even close. That title belongs to Bey, Rih, and Gaga now, and Britney in the 2000s, IF the media still insists on having to have a female artist to “take the crown” :triggered:

Taylor has yet to have the huge WW impact and absolute hold on pop culture while delivering ONLY good music. Taylor misses that mark. She refuses to write music that wouldn’t sound commonplace on Radio Disney. She showed some promising growth on reputation but then it seemed she backtracked on Lover where her lead single literally featured “hey kids! Spelling is fun!”, not cute. The only remarkable thing Taylor has done is cause endless controversy and try to play it off in a way similar to what teenage girls do. She is a great songwriter though 

Rihanna, Beyoncé, and Gaga shapeshift and clutch culture in ways that no other female does these days, showing real growth, change, and versatility

British social ladies with upturned pinkies, glasses clinking // xoxoTEANUS

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
45 minutes ago, Lois Griffin said:

distinguish every album cycle with a different aesthetic

She was country, hipster, pop, and now country pop. 

Madonna was religious, sexual, a disco queen, a rapper, a psychedelic queen, and Joanne for a hot second. 

When Taylor releases a sex book of her sucking D and trying out S&M positions, then we can talk. 

Taylor is so PG I can't even understand how they made this comparison in the first place. And it's not sexist to say she's calculating. Its blatantly obvious that she's calculated. 

Props to her for getting that coin, but she's probably the most calculated and manipulative person in the industry next to Scooter Braun. 

Probably why they don't like eachother. 

Economy

Both Britney Spears and Gaga both had bigger peaks in terms of having their every move whatched and being a media influence what are they saying :toofunny:

In the last few years I agree Taylor Swift has been the largest of those 3...

But full career span anyone with half a brain would know better

Taylor is very strong with album sales and tours but the stuff they are talking about here she's far from the new Queen since Madonna :air:

In some ways she is but in so many others she's not

imo no pop girl has the full Madonna "package" of impact, sales, respect, controversy, touring force, celebrity, consistency, performance, etc. only a combination of a few of those things, so you could make the same argument with all the big names tbh

who will love me when the night is over

1 hour ago, GagaInTheZone said:

I love Taylor but hell no. Not even close.
Madonna is unique and none of the pop girls we have today is 10% of what Madonna was

No one said htey are equal or even close. They said "closest". So even if one pop girl is only 10%, and the others are 8-9, 10 is still the closest...

Musically she is not. But in terms of power/respect/business moves, she is the closest.

Musically/impact wise, peak Gaga was. Also early/mid 2010s Beyonce was.

Ally Campana

I can’t. Love TS but the most provoking and controversial thing TS ever did was to support the LGBT+ and spoke out against Trump. I just. Please drop the name of the author. I’m about to cyberbully. :madge:

Does it matter? Damage is done

FfFfFfFF

Also the way they implied songwriting is a thing that Madonna and Taylor have in common but not Gaga. :rip: They all three are songwriters that are involved in their song so it's not only Taylor that has it in common with Madonna.

Archived