Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

What would you change about Stupid Love?

boneknuckleskin

Featured Posts

Just now, Red said:

I love how we turned this thread to “Bridge explanation and appreciation thread”

We're spontaneous :queenga: (is that even a word? we say "spontané" in French lmao)

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
boneknuckleskin
8 minutes ago, PoshLife said:

This is exactly my issue with the song. There needs to be a little something more in the chorus. 

My favorite lead by her is Applause. If she would take the chorus there then I think she would have a definite hit on her hands. Not saying charts matter. I still think it’ll do good because I have played the song for some people at work and they seemed to really like it. I did notice one was bopping hard but when the chorus did what it did, they just sort awkwardly stopped. It’s definitely lacking. I don’t believe the version we have is the final version. I think it’s a snapshot of the track at some point in its development, probably near the end. 

3 minutes ago, KEVIN STEVE said:

We're spontaneous :queenga: (is that even a word? we say "spontané" in French lmao)

Yes

Erich Johnson

I like the song, wouldn't change anything.
I just don't think it should be a single, it sounds a lot like BTW

AdmistTheLight

I'd like the intro to have more of a fade in volume wise cuz' it always startles me when the song come on the shuffle.

Liberaté mi amor

I would revisit the intro (it sounds like a song about chickens just started playing), the lyrics in general (tweak the verses and add more to the chorus and bridge), and turn up the musicality because it’s too uninspired even for mainstream pop standards, let alone someone like Gaga, who loves and listens to Jazz and Rock frequently.

That would be it.

2adaf285-74cc-44c4-a0f0jy7.gif

1 hour ago, Glamourpuss said:

I know the length is 3:15 and that's good for a song but they could make it longer. It seems to end too soon. 

Exactly what I would say. 

Sepsami
1 hour ago, KEVIN STEVE said:

btw, what is Gaga's worst bridge? 

I'm talking about real bridges (DWUW, Marry The Night etc.), not "oooh"s and "uuuh"s or three words like Aura, HML or Applause

Applause's bridge goes hard though??? :neyde:

Sepsami
16 minutes ago, Cerny said:

I would revisit the intro (it sounds like a song about chickens just started playing), the lyrics in general (tweak the verses and add more to the chorus and bridge), and turn up the musicality because it’s too uninspired even for mainstream pop standards, let alone someone like Gaga, who loves and listens to Jazz and Rock frequently.

That would be it.

so basicly make a new song :neyde:

not Chromatica
1 minute ago, Beethoven said:

I'd change the fans not finding the song enough or criticizing for literal anything

Lady Gaga Eye Roll GIF by Jimmy Kimmel Live

2 minutes ago, Sepsami said:

so basicly make a new song :neyde:

She can keep the title.

not Chromatica
1 hour ago, highlyreductive said:

I'd add just a little more polish and finesse. You know, the stuff that you hear on your 180th listen and are like woooow, the detail  :bradley:

Oh, and make the drop after the bridge just a bit harder and more iconic. Something like this:

Archived