💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

What would you change about Stupid Love?

boneknuckleskin

Featured Posts

1 minute ago, Glamourpuss said:

It's when a song changes and has an extra part. For example in Bad Romance it's when she starts speaking French. 

Yes but that's not all, the bridge has to be between two choruses

For example, The Queen doesn't have a bridge, it's an outro.

It's hard to tell if Telephone has a bridge since it's hard to tell if it has verses in the first place

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PoshLife
5 minutes ago, Loeppke said:

The chorus needs to have more than “I want your stupid lo-love” and just cut out to the instrumental 

This is exactly my issue with the song. There needs to be a little something more in the chorus. 

DanceInTheDark
1 minute ago, boneknuckleskin said:

Lemme go listen real quick 

44-EBC252-556-E-41-B8-AC64-1690598305-C8

Those are not the bridges of Born This Way and Perfect Illusion btw. :triggered:

soundcloud.com/brooklyn-nights

Just now, DanceInTheDark said:

Those are not the bridges of Born This Way and Perfect Illusion btw. :triggered:

they are

I'm talking about the long "Don't be a drag" part, not the short one after the first chorus

Glamourpuss
2 minutes ago, KEVIN STEVE said:

Yes but that's not all, the bridge has to be between two choruses

For example, The Queen doesn't have a bridge, it's an outro.

It's hard to tell if Telephone has a bridge since it's hard to tell if it has verses in the first place

I didn't know that it strictly had to be between two choruses to be a bridge but I guess it makes sense.

I thought the starry nights part was the bridge in The Queen. 

not Chromatica
4 minutes ago, Red said:

Judas’s three bridges :bradley: I need to listen to it right now, I’m needing epic in my day :bradley:

4 minutes ago, Glamourpuss said:

Yes! Like how Bloody Mary has so much detail.

But I really like SL as it is though and think they could butcher it if they added too much. 

My absolute favorite is Marry the Night where the first bridge is all cutesy-tootsy and than the other one is a literal synth slayer. But then again, MTN is one of my favorite songs in general...

I love SL too! It's really starting to make sense for me and I wouldn't wanna see big changes. I'm talking about details here, some ear candy.

DanceInTheDark
2 minutes ago, KEVIN STEVE said:

they are

I'm talking about the long "Don't be a drag" part, not the short one after the first chorus

Alright then itz good x

soundcloud.com/brooklyn-nights

Just now, highlyreductive said:My absolute favorite is Marry the Night where the first bridge is all cutesy-tootsy and than the other one is a literal synth slayer. But then again, MTN is one of my favorite songs in general...

G0RL you’re talking to the guy who has Marry the Night tattooed, that bridge is SACRED to me  :diane:

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

boneknuckleskin
10 minutes ago, Loeppke said:

The chorus needs to have more than “I want your stupid lo-love” and just cut out to the instrumental 

Same 

1 minute ago, Glamourpuss said:

I didn't know that it strictly had to be between two choruses to be a bridge but I guess it makes sense.

I thought the starry nights part was the bridge in The Queen. 

Well there can be exceptions, that's a bit hard to tell sometimes

But yeah, the bridge has to lead to something, just like a bridge in real life :) 

Just now, Red said:

G0RL you’re talking to the guy who has Marry the Night tattooed, that bridge is SACRED to me  :diane:

Oh f*ck yeah it is!!!

It's EPIC

Just now, KEVIN STEVE said:

Oh f*ck yeah it is!!!

It's EPIC

I love how we turned this thread to “Bridge explanation and appreciation thread”

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

Reality

Aside from just polishing it up, to be honest, I don't think I'd change anything about the song. I love it so much! 

đŸƒđŸ–€đŸ‘č

Other than the mixing and volume (a given), I actually wouldn’t change much. It’s pretty good.

Although, I don’t think the chorus would feel crowded if she added a little more. That said, I kind of like it that way, as it really emphasizes the prior “all I ever wanted was love” secondary pre-chorus.

3 points in and ready for more

not Chromatica
4 minutes ago, Red said:

wait did u just say wig?! I knoooow – wig – I feel it already!

Archived