Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Explaining Stupid Love

June

Featured Posts

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Because why else is the first line , "you're the one that ive been waiting for"? The person listening to the song! Duh

So when she says "look at me, look at me" it's present tense from a past event where she feels embarrassed about something, but then her tone/vocals change to "look at me now" as in, present time. Like okay now I know I'm worth it and I don't need the validation. This love is senseless... But I need it in order to open the door for myself to heal.

Plz. When she does the interview on what the meaning of the song is y'all can look back and know I was the queen of deciphering it

48 minutes ago, blankpaper said:

I think she means that all she ever wanted was love :stalkga:

hard to tell though

"Cause all I ever wanted was love"

Like how can u make that connection without actually reading the sentence.

She says"because all I ever wanted was love" oh that's why she's asking for someone's stupid love. Ok.

That's the reasoning. Not the same thing she's saying.

So:

"I want your stupid love, because all I ever wanted was love."

I had to answer my own question because u had no clue wat ur talking about

OMG I thought she sang "nobody's gonna kill me"

Same when The Cure came out

"and if you say you are gay, I'm gonna kill you anyway"

blankpaper
7 minutes ago, June said:

I had to answer my own question because u had no clue wat ur talking about

That’s because I’m stupid, love

:huntyga:

reality’s tight if the music is right

I agree with you.
Perhaps the pain of fibrolmialgia gets worse when she feels stressed? some chronic pain illnesses work like this. And then love could be a way for her to feel good and literally protect her from pain.
And all she ever wanted was to be loved, so if that love is a stupid love she wants it anyway, because she just wants to be loved (i want your stupid love / i want just to be loved).
And in that sense I think the music is directed towards the same person that Million reasons was (I always thought it was for the fans, I don't know why), because on the bridge she says she doesn't need a reason, she just wants your stupid love, and that connects us to "You're giving me a million reasons to quit the show" / "I just need one good one to stay". She needed a reason; maybe she found it, maybe not, but the important thing is that she just doesn't need a reason anymore, because the love she receives is all she ever wanted and she believes it is enough to heal her.

But it is always good to remember that the good thing about art is that there is no correct interpretation: all interpretations are valid. :kiss:

Lord Temptation

I don’t think the song is about her physical pain or her relationship with her fans. She’s singing about the conundrum that love presents: love is intelligent but it also makes us do stupid things. Only the one you love can truly hurt you. It’s almost a break-up song when you think about it. Maybe her past lovers did not battle for her as hard as her fans did?

As @June said, I think it's directed to us.

"Look at me now",  how much she's changed and how many things she has achieved.  All these, only because she wanted to be loved for her music, "i want just to be loved". She wants our stupid love,  the one we get over obsessed with sometimes, her crazy connection with her fans. 

i would battle for you even if I(/we??)  break in two. She would battle for what she has with her fans. I'm not sure that after so many breakups she would be able to say that she's ready to fight for someone's love. She'd only do that for her music, because as she has said, it's not gonna wake up one day amd tell her that it doesn't love her anymore.

BUT that would only make sense if she wrote it around 2012-2013 because she hates us now:vegas::bye:

loveyougaga
2 hours ago, GAGAVAGINA said:

I always wonder what went wrong between gaga and bradley

Nothing. They've been friends and probably still are. Nothing romantic between them .

Archived