Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
event

Recording Academy Responds to Grammy Voting Allegations

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

BUtterfield 8

02-recording-academy-logo-new-2018-billb

"It is the goal of the Recording Academy to ensure the GRAMMY Awards process is led in a fair and ethical manner and that voting members make their choices based solely on the artistic excellence and technical merits of eligible recordings. 

Spurious allegations claiming members or committees use our process to push forward nominations for artists they have relationships with are categorically false, misleading and wrong. This process is strictly enforced with everyone involved and has no exceptions. A detailed overview of the full voting process can be found on our website here: https://www.grammy.com/grammys/awards/voting-process.

The Nomination Review Committees are made up of a diverse group of current and relevant music creators with a high level of expertise in their respective genres. These committee members are all Voting Members. Committees are built by the Chair in consultation with the President/CEO and Chief Awards Officer using names submitted by all Academy Chapters. Many are Trustees. They are chosen weeks before the 1st round entry list is created so it is unknown whether any of the approved members will have been involved in a potential nomination. Because these committee members are at the top of their craft, and many members work with multiple artists, it is not unusual that some of the people in each room will end up with nominations from the first round. There are strict rules in place to address any conflict of interest. Should a committee member qualify for a GRAMMY, they are required to leave the room for the entire listening session and are NOT allowed to vote in that category. Committee members do not know the ranking of any entry and the voting is by secret ballot. The committees are not confidential, but the committee members’ names are for the obvious reason of preventing lobbying from outside parties, therefore further protecting the integrity of the voting process. Everything relating to the nomination and voting processes is set up with the intention of protecting the integrity of the awards in order to recognize and celebrate artists’ excellence.

We remain fully committed to the integrity, transparency and robustness of the awards and look forward with excitement to celebrating the artists who deservingly receive them. We are acutely aware that many artists have worked a lifetime for this moment at music’s biggest night and it is them we want to focus on when we celebrate this weekend."

https://www.billboard.com/articles/business/8548877/recording-academy-deborah-dugan-grammy-voting-response?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
andy232000

Sure Joanne. We been knew that the secret committees have being altering the Big Four categories for years. This years gala is not the first time this issue has been raised

People are dragging Ariana on twitter. She made such a big fuss about them last year when she didn’t get her way but now she’s refusing to speak up.  

6 minutes ago, Alan123 said:

Justice for MotherF*ckingMelodrama.

H O N E S T L Y

3 points in and ready for more

Also, beyond Melodrama's snub, the allegations truly are very heavy and serious and dangerously realistic.

3 points in and ready for more

Economy

Meh

I have a lot of mixed feelings about Grammys and how much I think they truly mean...

I don't think everything has to be a conspiracy all the time and they do have standards

but voters will always have some degree of bias as well and a lot of aspects of quality are arbitrary

ltlmnstr

I’m confused the last I heard was that one screenshot about miley

is there a link to everything from that screenshot?

ThisGuyTony
54 minutes ago, Adarsh said:

People are dragging Ariana on twitter. She made such a big fuss about them last year when she didn’t get her way but now she’s refusing to speak up.  

I love Ari but I completely agree with this. :rip:

Its like when Nicki and Ed complained about not getting any awards and nominations and then they get one...

Lion Heart

I still don't get how Lil Nas X gets 6 or whatever Grammy nominations based on ONE song. 

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

Archived