Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
movie

Star Wars Episode 9 original script revealed

Spock

Featured Posts

Colin Trevorrow's original draft script from 2016 leaked and it has been confirmed to be real by two sources. It was originally meant to be called Duel of the Fates ( :giveup:)

https://collider.com/star-wars-9-colin-trevorrow-script-leak-plot-details/

The iron grip of the FIRST ORDER has spread to the farthest reaches of the galaxy. Only a few scattered planets remain unoccupied. Traitorous acts are punishable by death. Determined to suffocate a growing unrest, Supreme Leader KYLO REN has silenced all communication between neighboring systems. Led by GENERAL LEIA ORGANA, the Resistance has planned a secret mission to prevent their annihilation and forge a path to freedom…

The beginning of the film very much picks up from The Last Jedi in that the First Order has cut off all communication between planets in order to suppress a rebellion inspired by Luke Skywalker’s stand off at the Battle of Crait. So the spark of the rebellion did work in this version of the movie. In fact, the opening sequence of Duel of the Fates finds Finn (John Boyega), Rose (Kelly Marie Tran), and BB-8 stealing a Star Destroyer that’s chock full of Imperial weapons. During the heist, Finn sees a Stormtrooper with his helmet off that he recognizes, with his story arc in Duel of the Fates nicely concluding the one that began in The Force Awakens. Oh and Rose? Apparently front and center through the whole movie, which is a damn shame given that she’s completely sidelined in Rise of Skywalker.

In Trevorrow’s version, Rose and Finn are on a mission to Coruscant to ignite an ancient beacon in the old Jedi Temple, which will call the galaxy to war. They get imprisoned, Rose gets interrogated by General Hux (Domhnall Gleeson), and Finn leads an uprising of defecting Stormtroopers in a ground battle in the streets of Coruscant. At the very end of the movie, Finn and Rose lead a group of Force Sensitive youth to a remote planet where Rey is waiting to train the next generation of Jedi. And yes, “Broom Boy” is one of them.

As for Reylo, well, Kylo Ren still dies at the end of Duel of the Fates, but his arc in the film—as well as Rey’s—is completely different. For one, there’s no Emperor Palpatine. At the beginning of the movie, Kylo Ren has vanished off to Mustafar (Darth Vader’s lava planet) and is wallowing around in Vader’s old castle. There, he’s “haunted” by the Force Ghost of Luke Sykwalker (Mark Hamill’s return) and even fights a hallucinatory version of Darth Vader a la Luke’s fight in the cave. He comes into contact with the Sith teacher of Palpatine, Tor Valum, via an ancient Sith device as he’s trying to put an end to the Jedi and the Sith once and for all. But he’s bad, bad, bad in this version of the story—he’s gone full Heisenberg, so to speak.

Rey (Daisy Ridley), meanwhile, still believes there’s good in Kylo Ren and has teamed up with Poe (Oscar Isaac) to put an end to the Jedi/Sith in her own way—another story point this film picks up from the ending of The Last Jedi.

And Rey’s parents? Still nobodies (i.e. Rey is not a Palpatine), but Kylo Ren killed them at the behest of Snoke. Ouch. The finale of the movie finds Rey and Kylo Ren duking it out on the mystical planet Mortis, with Rey getting an assist from the Force Ghosts of Luke, Obi-Wan (Ewan McGregor, presumably), and Yoda. The Jedi try unsuccessfully to bring Kylo Ren back to the light, but he’s too far gone and in the end he is “extinguished.”

who will love me when the night is over

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Delusional

I want to get into Star Wars but idk where to start lmao someone help 

‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️BANNED TILL SEPTEMBER‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️

Gov Hooka
2 minutes ago, DeIusional said:

Start by watching the movies in order of their release date, so start with A New Hope.

Tbh if you don't like it by the end of A New Hope, I don't think it's for you.  

Guest Blue Madonna
7 minutes ago, DeIusional said:

:air:

watch the films. original trilogy first (A New Hope, Empire Strikes Back, Return of the Jedi) then prequel trilogy, then sequels. 

OT: I think I like this better conceptually than TROS. But it sounds slightly directionless and I'm not sure how it all ties together, and where is Poe??? nvm :rip: I read more into it and it sucks. glad we got TROS instead

Reality

This doesn't sound any better than what we got though.

The only thing of interest here perhaps the old Jedi temple and then Vader's old castle. Everything else seems standard.

5 minutes ago, Spock said:

This is honestly what many felt the crux of Episode IX should have been: the battle for Kylo Ren’s soul. Instead, Abrams and Co. decided to muddle everything up with this Palpatine nonsense, which is just unnecessary added external conflict that detracts from the emotional thrust of this trilogy.

I get that Palpatine was a last minute reveal and that yeah, narratively speaking it didn't really make much sense to introduce him here without any  evidence that he'd come back, but I like his inclusion honestly. Also, I think Kylo's redemption was the right way to go. The last two movies teased this, particularly with his connection to Rey. In fact, not  giving him a redemption arc would sort of seem weird to me. 

🃏🖤👹

Regina George
5 minutes ago, DeIusional said:

I tried and I couldn't even finish the first one :ally:

Just now, DeIusional said:

Star Wars is divided in three trilogies: the Original Trilogy (4,5,6), the Prequel Trilogy (1,2,3) and the Sequel Trilogy (7,8,9). There are competing theories on viewing order, mainly episode versus production order.

I would say the best is production order (so starting with the Original Trilogy) because if you start with the prequels you'll get spoiled on a lot of things.

so I would do 4,5,6 - 1,2,3 - 7,8,9 and then the spin offs Rogue One, Solo and The Mandalorian

who will love me when the night is over

elijahfan

Doesn't sound particularly groundbreaking, but at least it built from what episode 8 had set up. Would have preferred this over the bad fan-fiction we ended up being served.

IllusionLover
25 minutes ago, DeIusional said:

21 minutes ago, Gov Hooka said:

Start by watching the movies in order of their release date, so start with A New Hope.

Tbh if you don't like it by the end of A New Hope, I don't think it's for you.  

Idk I would start with episode 1 and then follow the order, I think its easier.

But whatever I've seen scenes of some of the old movies and started from episode 7 :ohwell:

13 | this is my dancefloor i fought for, your voice is louder, it echoes

Delusional
34 minutes ago, IllusionLover said:

Idk I would start with episode 1 and then follow the order, I think its easier.

But whatever I've seen scenes of some of the old movies and started from episode 7 :ohwell:

Apparently your supposed to start from like episode 4,5,6 then 1,2,3 and so on?? Something like that :messga:

‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️BANNED TILL SEPTEMBER‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️

IllusionLover
14 minutes ago, DeIusional said:

Apparently your supposed to start from like episode 4,5,6 then 1,2,3 and so on?? Something like that :messga:

People do that because that's the release order of these films, but here's a timeline of everything just in case.

ENr4SFBUcAAG0Lp?format=jpg

13 | this is my dancefloor i fought for, your voice is louder, it echoes

Hmmm okay. Kinda eyerolling, at the end the lack of main characters is too evident. Palpatines or skywalkers or nobodies, they are boring and superficial. 

Im curious to know lucas original concept for this trilogy.. 

okay but i still do not understand how this trilogy is even possible (7.8.9)...technically wasn't the war over after the destruction of the second death star in episode 6? why is the empire still a thing? and why are the good guys still "the rebellion", if they won, shouldn't they be the republic? 

Archived