series

TONIGHT - Star Trek: Picard

gabeoz

Featured Posts

Glamourpuss
12 minutes ago, Economy said:

@gabeoz @Glamourpuss

Fellow Trekkies I have a question I'm googling and can't find online

Star Trek Discovery is supposed to take place 10 years before the original series adventures with Kirk yet in season 2 (I'm almost done catching up) they are talking about Spock having served on the Enterprise before he went to admited himself for the phsychiatric stuff

How can that be? Or was enterprise old and running already before the series? :huh:

Enterprise is supposed to be set in an earlier time period. :)

"The show is set in the 22nd century, a hundred years before the events of The Original Series and just prior to the formation of the United Federation of Planets."

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Economy
3 minutes ago, Glamourpuss said:

Enterprise is supposed to be set in an earlier time period. :)

"The show is set in the 22nd century, a hundred years before the events of The Original Series and just prior to the formation of the United Federation of Planets."

That's star trek Enterprise with Captain archer that was the 22nd century :neyde:

I'm talking about Star Trek Discovery. That one was supposed to be 10 years before The original series

Yet in the show it seems Spock was serving on the Enterprise so it doesn't make sense if Discovery is 10 years before Kirk's command :air:

Glamourpuss
Just now, Economy said:

That's star trek Enterprise with Captain archer that was the 22nd century :neyde:

I'm talking about Star Trek Discovery. That one was supposed to be 10 years before The original series

Yet in the show it seems Spock was serving on the Enterprise so it doesn't make sense if Discovery is 10 years before Kirk's command :air:

Oh right. Yeah, that's confusing. :huh:

Somebody must have messed up. You'd think they would have nerdy Star trek fans on their writing team to notice such a mistake. 

Economy
16 minutes ago, Glamourpuss said:

Oh right. Yeah, that's confusing. :huh:

Somebody must have messed up. You'd think they would have nerdy Star trek fans on their writing team to notice such a mistake. 

Right that's what I'm wondering

I only saw a few episodes of the original series so I don't know it well. It's the only star trek series I didn't what fully

So I'm wondering was the ship already suppostu be in service when the series started? As there another enterprise Spock had served on?

Cuz if not...

Animated GIF

1 hour ago, Economy said:

@gabeoz @Glamourpuss

Star Trek Discovery is supposed to take place 10 years before the original series adventures with Kirk yet in season 2 (I'm almost done catching up) they are talking about Spock having served on the Enterprise before he went to admited himself for the phsychiatric stuff

How can that be? Or was enterprise old and running already before the series? :huh:

You're correct! The enterprise had already been in commission for quite some time before TOS, with Pike serving as the original captain. 

1 hour ago, Economy said:

@gabeoz @Glamourpuss

I know! Im so excited for the next episode omg (I realized I meant to quote your response before this one lol)

Economy
5 minutes ago, gabeoz said:

You're correct! The enterprise had already been in commission for quite some time before TOS, with Pike serving as the original captain. 

I know! Im so excited for the next episode omg (I realized I meant to quote your response before this one lol)

Ahhhhh ok makes sense then. It was already running. Looks like we have our answer @Glamourpuss

In the other star treks the ships and crew were typically always new. The only other exception was discovery (which was still pretty new anyway)

I didn't realize in the original series it was already old ongoing

Archived