Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Stupid Love is better than Just Dance & Perfect Illusion

Hoss

Featured Posts

i’ve heard the whole thing in relatively hq and i know a lot of you have too. if it’s actually the lead single, which i’m 99% sure it is then i can confidently say it’s one of gaga’s best lead singles, next to bad romance, born this way, & applause. if i were to now rank her lead singles it would go something like this: 

1. bad romance 

2. applause 

3. born this way

4. stupid love 

5. just dance 

6. perfect illusion 

anyways, can we actually talk about how much of an EARWORM this song is??? it sounds sooo much better than i actually thought it did based on the lq snippets!!! it sounds like a heavy 80’s synth pop banger. my favorite part about the whole thing is her vocal delivery. i love the vocal chops & effects that we aren’t super used to from her so i’d say that’s my favorite part along with the melody and overall production. 

bloodpop really snapped tbh. i could genuinely see this being a hit simply because of how catchy it is & how clean it sounds. i think stupid love & applause are her catchiest singles for sure. 

so what do you guys think? feel free to fight me on this but i’m curious to see if people agree with me or not 

NOTE: i am aware that just dance is iconic and ultimately is what catapulted gaga to fame, but i am simply just comparing them sonically, not regarding impact 

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

as if just dance wasnt a good lead single, girl it catapulted her. poker face cemented her status and bad romance pushed it to the next level. without just dance, there would be no gaga. people need to have some respect. 

GranularAnnualIsabellineshrike-small.gif

Just now, geishababe said:

Swap jd with btw :vegas:

i was thinking of it but i’m too obsessed with born this ways production :cryga:

Just now, Fish said:

as if just dance wasnt a good lead single, girl it catapulted her. poker face cemented her status and bad romance pushed it to the next level. without just dance, there would be no gaga. people need to have some respect. 

i beat you to it sis :bon: but it’s not even a matter of respect like i’ve been a stan since 2008 so i feel like i can give my opinion 

FfFfFfFF

Her only underwhelming lead was Perfect Illusion though. Just Dance, Bad Romance, Applause, Shallow - the flavour. :diane:

Customzanotti

I feel like we're watching stupid love through rose colored glasses, and when it wears off we'll realise that it's pretty basic. Great, but basic, and def amongst her worst singles

Pompom hole n streets w/ ma heels

JazzGa

Vocally it reminds me  a lot of Just Dance. Lyrically it's nothing revolutionary, pretty straightforward pop lyrics about love or dancing, but it has really fun belts and ad-libs.

Production wise, of course, it has 80s Born This Way/Fashion of his Love Garibay-style written all over it! 

It doesn't remind me of Perfect Illusion very much. 

God created Adam and Eve, but Gọdga collabed with Brian🎺 and Steve🎷

4 minutes ago, Hoss said:

1. bad romance 

2. applause 

3. born this way

4. stupid love 

5. just dance 

6. perfect illusion 

For me it's more

1. Perfect Illusion

1. Stupid Love

3. Just Dance