• Bidi Bidi Bom Bom
    • Amor Prohibido
    • Dreaming of You
    • I Could Fall In Love
    • Baila Esta Cumbia
    • El Chico Del Apartemento 512
    • Other

Featured Posts

She's already pissed she's gonna share it with Shakira, she will not perform anything other than her own music lol. They have like 13 minutes, so 6.5 minutes each. You can fill that with what? 3-4 songs max.

Mister G

Given her setlist is split with Shakira, not happening unless they do one together which also unlikely.

Let’s explore this actually. I adore JLo, but she wouldn’t be where she is today if it weren’t for her portrayal as Selena in the movie. For so many years afterwards, a lot of people felt that she turned the other cheek when it came to acknowledging how playing Selena shot her into stardom. Now, I will say that presently she’s more humble about it. I saw her last July in Philly and she did pay tribute to Selena—had me in tears. She sang “Si Una Vez,” which is one of my faves.

ReidOne
3 minutes ago, MrG1087 said:

Let’s explore this actually. I adore JLo, but she wouldn’t be where she is today if it weren’t for her portrayal as Selena in the movie. 

This is exactly why I think it will happen! Let's be honest, JLo's discography is pretty thin on songs that the average person even remembers, let alone desires to hear again. No one would be upset if she made room for a Selena cover. And it would make headlines! 

Plus, given the tragic murder of Selena, having her music played at the Super Bowl over 20 years later would be such a touching/monumental occurrence in her legacy. And only JLo could do it. 

Mister G
3 minutes ago, ReidOne said:

This is exactly why I think it will happen! Let's be honest, JLo's discography is pretty thin on songs that the average person even remembers, let alone desires to hear again. No one would be upset if she made room for a Selena cover. And it would make headlines! 

Plus, given the tragic murder of Selena, having her music played at the Super Bowl over 20 years later would be such a touching/monumental occurrence in her legacy. And only JLo could do it. 

This year would mark the 25th anniversary of Selena’s passing.

ChromaticPrincess
9 minutes ago, MrG1087 said:

Given her setlist is split with Shakira, not happening unless they do one together which also unlikely.

Let’s explore this actually. I adore JLo, but she wouldn’t be where she is today if it weren’t for her portrayal as Selena in the movie. For so many years afterwards, a lot of people felt that she turned the other cheek when it came to acknowledging how playing Selena shot her into stardom. Now, I will say that presently she’s more humble about it. I saw her last July in Philly and she did pay tribute to Selena—had me in tears. She sang “Si Una Vez,” which is one of my faves.

Not only that but she also stole vocals from uncredited demo singers who were mostly WOC. I’d recommend u watch BLACK FEMININITY’s video on her, it’s eye opening. I still like her music tho lol 

OP: probs not cos she has to share it with Shakira but I’d love it if she did   

✨oh the lights dim while we’re dancing yeah the floor is shaking in this disco heaven✨

Mister G
2 minutes ago, SkyPrincess said:

Not only that but she also stole vocals from uncredited demo singers who were mostly WOC. I’d recommend u watch BLACK FEMININITY’s video on her, it’s eye opening. I still like her music tho lol 

Omg wait I remember that!! 

bluemonkey
10 hours ago, Hades said:

Jlo has plenty of hits. :huntyga: 

Yeah but they haven’t stood the test of time and are pretty forgettable. 

bluemonkey
10 hours ago, SkyPrincess said:

I still like her and enjoy her music but she left a bad taste in my mouth. I know for sure she’s hardly innocent or oblivious to what’s going on. I give her props for clawing her way to the top, that’s the only accurate “Jenny from the block” you can get. Hearing the full version of her attempt at that barbra streisand song. I think she’s a little cocky and that’s why she never seems to get it just about right. 

Stephen

Naww it'll be

Waiting For Tonight

Jenny from the Block (snippet)

Get Right (dance break)

On the Floor

MAYBE: Lets Get Loud, Love Dont Cost a Thing, Im Real, Dance Again

Archived