Featured Posts

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ryusei
11 minutes ago, klaus said:

This is gonna be a great watch omfg my heart melted when she hugged Joe 

EO5ZBI2UwAE4z6i?format=jpg&name=medium

also this one, are we gonna hear the full audio of 2016 drama :giveup: i'm so intrigued

I don't think that's what that is. In the variety interview they say the events are recapped for context and it was Lana Wilson who put it in (since all the inclusion or exclusion of stuff was her decision ultimately) so I dont think it'll be mentioned much. If there was full audio or smth she would have released it a long time ago. 

Spoiler

That came into play when Kanye West stepped into her life and publicly shamed her a second time. In the video Kim Kardashian released in 2016, you can hear the people-pleasing Swift on the other end of the line sheepishly thanking him for letting her know about the “Me and Taylor might still have sex” line he plans to include about her in a song — only to regret it later when the eventual track also includes the claim “Why? I made that bitch famous.” The boast, of course, referred back to the moment when he interrupted her and stole her spotlight at the MTV VMAs six years earlier as she was in the middle of an acceptance speech. West’s is not a name that ever publicly escapes Swift’s lips, so it might be surprising to fans that these events are recapped in “Miss Americana,” although Swift says the filmic decisions were all up to the director, who explains that Swift’s reaction to the episode was important to include.

“With the 2009 VMAs, it surprised me that when she talked about how the whole crowd was booing, she thought that they were booing her, and how devastating that was,” says Wilson. “That was something I hadn’t thought about or heard before, and made it much more relatable and understandable to anyone.”

“I see the movie as looking at the flip side of being America’s sweetheart.”
LANA WILSON, DIRECTOR OF “TAYLOR SWIFT: MISS AMERICANA”

Swift acknowledges how formative both incidents have been in her life, for ill and good. “As a teenager who had only been in country music, attending my very first pop awards show,” she says now, “somebody stood up and sent me the message: ‘You are not respected here. You shouldn’t be here on this stage.’ That message was received, and it burrowed into my psyche more than anyone knew. … That can push you one of two ways: I could have just curled up and decided I’m never going to one of those events ever again, or it could make me work harder than anyone expects me to, and try things no one expected, and crave that respect — and hopefully one day get it.

“But then when that person who sparked all of those feelings comes back into your life, as he did in 2015, and I felt like I finally got that respect (from West), but then soon realized that for him it was about him creating some revisionist history where he was right all along, and it was correct, right and decent for him to get up and do that to a teenage girl…” She sighs. “I understand why Lana put it in.”

Musery

Sepsami
12 minutes ago, Kimmo said:

I-

9fc585452ebc5759165be34424034b39.jpg

:air: I have never seen this pic and didn't even realise that was Bruno Mars, legit thought it was a little person for a hot minute

Sepsami
1 minute ago, GrigioGirl1 said:

That can't be real

It is tho, notice how Taylor is standing  a few feet more to the back so she appears even taller + has high heels on 

Bad Kids

is it an mv or is it a five foot two documentary esque

And when you say my name, like white horses on the waves, I think it feels the same, as an ocean in my veins.

Ryusei
2 minutes ago, Bad Kids said:

is it an mv or is it a five foot two documentary esque

did it look like a music video? :poot:  

A documentary. 

Musery

Bad Kids
1 minute ago, Ryusei said:

did it look like a music video? :poot:  

A documentary. 

sorry :cryga:

i thought it's a new romantics-styled MV for Ms Americana and the Heartbreak Prince, and I thought it's a solo /demo version so she left out "the heartbreak prince" :laughga: 

And when you say my name, like white horses on the waves, I think it feels the same, as an ocean in my veins.

Ryusei
4 minutes ago, Britney Jean1 said:

I hope she makes Miss Americana  a single, it my fav the album

We wish. 

Musery

• Admin changed the title to Taylor Swift documentary first look

Archived