šŸ’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA šŸ’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Did "Stupid Love" disappoint you, or not?

I AM THEATRE

Did "Stupid Love" disappoint you, or not?   

408 members have voted

1. 1. Did "Stupid Love" disappoint you, or not?

• Yes, it did. I expected more from Gaga.
    • No, it didn't. I would be so happy if it was the lead single of LG6.

Featured Posts

Option 3 - underwhelmed, but I donā€™t dislike the song and I certainlyĀ donā€™t expect ā€œmoreā€ from Gaga. She can make any song she wants and Iā€™ll still support her.

www.youtube.com/jmremixes

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Reginald

I like it! I don't know if it's lead single worthy, but it's definitely a good song. Not basic at allĀ :tony:

BlackSwan Cat & Mouse

pop a 911

Honestly it works as a hype single if they scrap it from the lead. On initial listen I didnā€™t care too much, now Iā€™m listening on repeat. I donā€™t really know why but her vocals in certain areas remind me of Karen CarpentersĀ 

iā€™m not real, iā€™m theatre

imnotyourbabe10

I usually prefer the dark, depressing themes but having a fun bop that is full of love and light is refreshing given the times we live in. Itā€™s such a fun mash of BTW, PI and DWUW

Im a Stupid Love fan but also realize it is not necessarilyĀ her opus.Ā 

Stop the drama, start the music.Ā Music, not the bling.Ā 

I like it, i just donā€™t like the ā€œvoice noises ā€Ā at the beginning and after she says i want your stupid love love. Itā€™s annoying and heard those in other songs.

BabylonHooker

it's not strong enough to be a lead single. a pop comeback. All of her leadsĀ are powerful and complex and screamĀ lead single but this one is too simple and lacklusterĀ 

GAGA IS MY LIFELINE

Inferno

100% underwhelmed.

I want a Beyonce level pop release, not the general gay background music for a palm springs orgy.

Cody James

Only disappointment is the roll out and the slight silence in SL. Makes me feel it could be a demo though! But issa bop nonetheless!!!

OK I finally heard the full HQ version and it's MUCH better. I still think the lyrics are basic and not very "Gaga" but the production is actually great. The HQ version doesn't sound dated at all.

crybrowz

In agreement with what most people seem to be saying, it's cute but definitely not lead single material. It has a catchy instrumental but the lyrics and melody are so forgettable to me. I literally can't remember any lyrics other than "all I ever wanted was love" and "I want your stupid love love." The song just feels sort of "impersonal" which is a weird word for it but to me just feels like a song anyone could sing, where as in the past her leads have typically been distinctly "Gaga" if that makes sense. SL feels like something Camila Cabello, Dua Lipa, or any other pop girl wouldĀ release (no shade to them, I just see Gaga as a tier above them). I just don't see this song having that much of a legacy bc it is lowkey forgettable. Still a cute bop though, just hope it's not the lead though it probably is.Ā 

Gov Hooka

So 1/3 of the fanbase more or less was disappointed. I'm curious to see how many of us actually disliked it.

Gov Hooka
8 hours ago, Inferno said:

general gay background music for a palm springs orgy.

lol agreed. this is exactly what it is.Ā 

Archived