đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Did "Stupid Love" disappoint you, or not?

I AM THEATRE

Did "Stupid Love" disappoint you, or not?   

408 members have voted

1. 1. Did "Stupid Love" disappoint you, or not?

• Yes, it did. I expected more from Gaga.
    • No, it didn't. I would be so happy if it was the lead single of LG6.

Featured Posts

Nikolai Barrow

Loved it first listen. It's hard to imagine if this isn't the lead that they will have a better come back song. Though I respect everyone's opinion I really can't hear why people think it sounds basic. The vocals are actually really weird for a modern pop song and so Gaga! Remind me of her vocals on I Want Your Love. I love her vocal delivery on this track. It's definitely experimental. It doesn't sound like anything on the radio. The song takes you on a fast paced journey then brings you to an atmospheric place with "all I ever wanted was love" before the hook hits and the beat drops! It's an ear worm! I think people aren't used to Gaga releasing a song without a chorus because she is known for her big choruses but the hook in this song is instantly iconic. I said to a friend after listening to it the first time that it's one of those songs that are so good you feel like it has always existed.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SEXODUS

I appreciate the attempt at getting back to pure pop, but it doesn't feel like a big comeback. It's a forgettable song to be honest, and I don't think the GP will be hopping on the train. Hardcore fans will eat anything at this point, after so much starvation. 

Britney Jean1
51 minutes ago, xoxo Craig said:

Lmao no... if its her lead single, its one of her best :nooo:   its exceeded my expectations 

Maybe you had a low expectations! :interestinga:

Slim

gagzus

I’m loving it, I may get bored of it if she’s not promoting it and stuff but usually I don’t love a song then a music video can change my mind. That happened with GUY for example

xoxo Craig
Just now, Britney Jean1 said:

Maybe you had a low expectations! :interestinga:

I didn't actually, after listening to some Boys Noize tracks my expectations where high... and she delivered :giveup:   literally one of her best lead singles

End Racism Now

gagasicebath

I ate it for breakfast this morning and I’m going to eat it for every meal until we get the album. LG6 hunger strike :ally:

So no, not disappointed, I love it. The “woo!” at 2:43 gives me LIFE.

MelbHawker

It's a fun song to listen to. It's nothing big/bold/new - it's a little too trendy I think. 

The only thing disappointing about it is the lack of chorus.

BetrayedSTAN
42 minutes ago, LadyLuca said:

I personally like it. I dont care if its the lead- cuz I dont care for her success as long as she makes music. I love her voice.

I respect other monsters opinion who dont like the song or expected more or something else.

I dont respect monster that say "only positive comments for gaga on this side" denouncing any other opinion. We are not fanatics - we are a fanbase with a wide range of ppl as gaga is a artist that happens to do many genres.

U are no real fans to me, cuz thats clearly not the glitter way :firega: We embrace our differences here on planet gaga daily

Thank u 

We need more people like u here .

Britney Jean1

No, it's just a song! I'm so nostalgic to the days that I had to repeat a Gaga song not because I'm forcing myself to like it but because I really like it and I'm addicted to it.

Slim

TheSlash

I'm so happy it turned out this way :tony: . It has the 80s influences / retrowave production I desperately needed from Gaga :music:  :diane: 

Ew, David!

Britney Jean1
21 minutes ago, M Monstre said:

And what old songs is she mixing to create Stupid Love? Is it because it's supposedly  a BTW reject? That's not confirmed. 

SL sound as a song that will fit in The Fame Japanese Deluxe Edition.

Slim

48 minutes ago, LGs LM said:

I love it, but I know it's not Gaga's best and it could be better. As a club banger tho, it slaps. I agree with some that it lacks an actual chorus (although the one we got is just a demo and there's a possibility that the final version's gonna be different). It's like there's this huge build up but the chorus ended up sounding a little empty.

I'm not gonna cry and complain that I've waited for three years though because I do have other artists that I can listen to while waiting. So far, if SL really is the lead: Bad Romance> Born This Way> Just Dance> Applause> Stupid Love> Perfect Illusion.

P.S. I've been sinning the entire day by listening to SL. The pre-chorus and bridge are so catchy.

All the chorus needs is like a few glittery synth layers or something in the chorus and it'll feel like a more explosive chorus. :tony:  I don't know if adding more lyrics can help tho. The song is soo bloody good honestly, even that anti-climactic chorus is starting to work for me now though, I'm content as ****:selena:

It's such a carefree song, like by the way she sings it, she's such in a good state of mind during the song and it makes me feel the same too, I love is so much.

I don't care if the lyrics are simple, I never signed for literature course when I started to stan her.

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Battle 4 Ur Life

I actually love it. the production is so good and the mixing is also really good.

Watch this be discarded as lead single and another song (less impactful) be used instead and y’all complain even further.

it’s ok to voice opinions tho. I’m just kidding.

"We own the Downtown, hear our sound."

boneknuckleskin

It makes me want to dance. But not sure it has that staying power that Bad Romance, Born This Way, or Applause have. Not sure if it will be in her set lists 10 years from now the way those epic songs are. But it is catchy and fun. 

Archived