💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Did "Stupid Love" disappoint you, or not?

I AM THEATRE

Did "Stupid Love" disappoint you, or not?   

408 members have voted

1. 1. Did "Stupid Love" disappoint you, or not?

• Yes, it did. I expected more from Gaga.
    • No, it didn't. I would be so happy if it was the lead single of LG6.

Featured Posts

Reality

I guess my biggest problem is: what do  you guys want? Because this is literally what we've been wanting from Gaga even before Joanne was released. Remember when there was a whole ton of speculation about LG5 and how people were like, "I want her to make a disco/dance album! That'd be amazing! I want more pop!". Well, here you go! This is literally what we've been asking for, now all of a sudden it's "underwhelming?"

Personally, I love it. I don't think it's the final version of the song, but even if it isn't, it still sounds amazing. The 80s synths, the infectious beat, the catchy melody, her amazing vocals, I mean, this song has it all!

EDIT - This is also coming from someone who really loved Joanne and ASIB. To be honest, I would've been completely fine if she stayed in that direction, but it's obvious that she's heading back to more dance pop music, and I love that!

🃏🖤👹

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
StupidLoveBis

Yes and no. 
It's a good dance song.
But it's still generic, I feel like it's a step back in her career. 
I think the production is too heavy. 

brunothesinger

Yeah, it kinda is "basic", but it's not bad at all.

I find it funny how fans were always like "go back to pop!" and when she does it's not enough.

And if Stupid Love is the single, well, Perfect Illusion was Joanne's first single and it wasn't the best song on the album.

I don't think I can judge/predict anything with just this song.

- bruno the singer

3 minutes ago, M Monstre said:

I guess my biggest problem is: what do  you guys want?

Bitch and use Gaga as an scapegoat for all of the frustrations of their personal lives, I suppose

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

VertigoRogue

smh I had to sign in just to tell you all that:

the demo that has leaked dates back to january 2019. That's a whole year of improvement for this song. We know that early demos never sound the same. The song has likely evolved a lot since then. Gaga doesn't half-ass anything so judging a demo is a bit harsh luv.:lolga:

not Chromatica

What baffles me is the amount of hate (od simply dislike) for Perfect Illusion. I think it's a great song. Was it the perfect lead? Meh, maybe not. But I still think it's a really well produced banger with great energy.

boysomewhere

Not disappointed , very good star and build up , but kind of questioned myself , why she maintained the trend of the last years with no singing chorus , i never got that trend 

xoxo Craig
2 minutes ago, officialhawkes said:

Yeah, it kinda is "basic", but it's not bad at all.

I find it funny how fans were always like "go back to pop!" and when she does it's not enough.

And if Stupid Love is the single, well, Perfect Illusion was Joanne's first single and it wasn't the best song on the album.

I don't think I can judge/predict anything with just this song.

I don't get how people can call this basic :saladga:

End Racism Now

RahrahWitch

It's exactly the sound I was hoping for, It could go a slight bit harder on the chorus but It's glorious nonetheless.

brunothesinger
1 minute ago, xoxo Craig said:

As compared to "innovative".

But hey, we all need pop medicine.

Simple doesn't mean bad.

- bruno the singer

RAMROD
Just now, xoxo Craig said:

Especially when some of these hennies actually bopped to Thank U Next which is epitome of basic

tenor.gif

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

I AM THEATRE
9 minutes ago, M Monstre said:

I guess my biggest problem is: what do  you guys want? Because this is literally what we've been wanting from Gaga even before Joanne was released. Remember when there was a whole ton of speculation about LG5 and how people were like, "I want her to make a disco/dance album! That'd be amazing! I want more pop!". Well, here you go! This is literally what we've been asking for, now all of a sudden it's "underwhelming?"

Personally, I love it. I don't think it's the final version of the song, but even if it isn't, it still sounds amazing. The 80s synths, the infectious beat, the catchy melody, her amazing vocals, I mean, this song has it all!

EDIT - This is also coming from someone who really loved Joanne and ASIB. To be honest, I would've been completely fine if she stayed in that direction, but it's obvious that she's heading back to more dance pop music, and I love that!

It's pop, darling. But it's not the same pop of Just Dance, Poker Face or Paparazzi.  Not even a bit. And I wanted something more like that.

xoxo Craig
Just now, brunothesinger said:

As compared to "innovative".

But hey, we all need pop medicine.

Simple doesn't mean bad.

I don't get simple at all from this song, its quite experimental and nobody is doing this type of music in 2020

End Racism Now

Archived