Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Did "Stupid Love" disappoint you, or not?

I AM THEATRE

Did "Stupid Love" disappoint you, or not?   

408 members have voted

1. 1. Did "Stupid Love" disappoint you, or not?

• Yes, it did. I expected more from Gaga.
    • No, it didn't. I would be so happy if it was the lead single of LG6.

Featured Posts

It's a solid song with decent hooks. It seems futile to ask whether or not it "met expectations" when it's not even a finished product. It would be like saying that the first draft of J.K. Rowling's new book disappointed you because it's not as good as the finished Harry Potter novels.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bubblegum Bitch

I think, I expected something different. It did not disappoint me. Even though it's still not a bop for me, I like pre-chorus (or is it chorus actually?) part 

yes and

I have mixed feelings. The song was leaked and there was no surprice. Idk. But SL is not so bad, much better than PI at least :bradley:

Did you think I'd show up in a limousine? No

Dutchmonster92
13 minutes ago, I AM THEATRE said:

Guys, I am personally so disappointed about this song. I knew we all should be happy as f***k because we finally got new music from her, but IT'S NOT THE MUSIC THAT I WANTED. I wanted Gaga to sing/compose something more original or unique like her previous works :messga::messga:. I think "Stupid Love" is a basic song that we could literally expect by every singer involved in pop music industry. Moreover, it gives me anything new of Gaga. It's like a mixture of Born This Way + Do What U Want + other elements that reminds me of something I already listened from her before. :bradley::bradley:

That's too bad for you ! personally I love it so much it's my favourite song of hers since born this way  

Ryusei

"I would be so happy" might be a bit hyperbolic but I wouldnt be against it. I just want her to... you know... do something :awkney: where are you gagz? :awkney: 

Musery

no it did not :vegas:

GAGA || TAYLOR || BJÖRK || KENDRICK || LANA || NICKI || MADONNA || KANYE || BEYONCÉ || MARIAH || MCR || KATE || RINA || CHARLI || FIONA

not Chromatica

Both yes and no, but it's more of a yes. I like the song, but I always get a sort of dysphoria after listening to her lead for the first few days. I don't like the overly simple production (BloodPop's to blame for that) and I hope some layers are added to the final version. It also lacks an iconic intro which every single previous lead of hers has had. This one feels like a placeholder. But, again, I do like the song.

LadyLuca

I personally like it. I dont care if its the lead- cuz I dont care for her success as long as she makes music. I love her voice.

I respect other monsters opinion who dont like the song or expected more or something else.

I dont respect monster that say "only positive comments for gaga on this side" denouncing any other opinion. We are not fanatics - we are a fanbase with a wide range of ppl as gaga is a artist that happens to do many genres.

U are no real fans to me, cuz thats clearly not the glitter way :firega: We embrace our differences here on planet gaga daily

Daylight Jokers

I love it, but I know it's not Gaga's best and it could be better. As a club banger tho, it slaps. I agree with some that it lacks an actual chorus (although the one we got is just a demo and there's a possibility that the final version's gonna be different). It's like there's this huge build up but the chorus ended up sounding a little empty.

I'm not gonna cry and complain that I've waited for three years though because I do have other artists that I can listen to while waiting. So far, if SL really is the lead: Bad Romance> Born This Way> Just Dance> Applause> Stupid Love> Perfect Illusion.

P.S. I've been sinning the entire day by listening to SL. The pre-chorus and bridge are so catchy.

The pre-chorus & instrumental are absolutely amazing, the verses are okay, but the chorus & bridge disappointed me I must say. Still I really enjoy the song, the hard hitting instrumental & beats are orgasmic to my ears on high volume

ArtGagaPop

No it didn't dissapoint me but i also wouldn't mind if another song was the lead single :enigma:

The chorus could been stronger but overall i like the song, better then most of recent leads (Applause/PI/BTW) 

Illundressyou

I didn't have any expectations so I'm just really happy we finally got dance music again. I really like the song and the fact that it's radio and GP friendly, so it'll be a bigger success than the singles from ARTPOP that were almost too unique for the GP. I'm sure there are more artsy songs on the album too that arent ''too basic'' for y'all :vegas:

Chromaticunt

No, actually it's probably the first lead single since Bad Romance that I instantly liked from first listen. All the others took a while to grow on me (and Perfect Illusion never did tbh). I don't think Stupid Love is among her best songs but it's catchy and fun and dancey. It's the ideal pop comeback for her right now. 

Archived