Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

So... Is SL the lead?

gummybear

Featured Posts

UnlikelyStan

Logical deduction tells us yes. When I saw screenshots of the source code, I went and checked for myself on the music tab of ladygaga.com and stupid love was in the html, there wasn't any other new song titles. FYI - it did get removed from the source code... Or, labeled differently, anyway.

Young, wild, American... Lookin' to be something

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LGMonster95
3 minutes ago, gummybear said:

Look what happened with Applause when it leaked. I mean come on, we had the POP EMERGENCY for God's sake, after a couple of snippets surfaced. Now, the whole song is out in HQ and we got the silent treatment.

They could plan another single, they could plan a rush release, the thing is that nothing is sure what's going to happen.

imitalian
4 minutes ago, gummybear said:

Look what happened with Applause when it leaked. I mean come on, we had the POP EMERGENCY for God's sake, after a couple of snippets surfaced. Now, the whole song is out in HQ and we got the silent treatment.

But that was 7 years ago and there was already a run for the charts with Roar

Some people from other sites say it is but who knows now. But let me just say that I wouldn’t mind if it’s suddenly not

Spoiler

on the album. :pole:

UnlikelyStan

Plus after listening to it on repeat in full HD it's 100% lead single material and sure it's a little basic but it's that good kinda basic. Everyone is gonna love it

fede ARTPOP

Idk, but hope is a demo, the chorus sounds weird, it should explode right after “I want your stupid love....”.

🖤 C H R O M A T I C A 🖤

3 minutes ago, UnlikelyStan said:

Plus after listening to it on repeat in full HD it's 100% lead single material and sure it's a little basic but it's that good kinda basic. Everyone is gonna love it

I LOVE all parts of the song - I mean I really do, the verses are so catchy, the 'All I ever wanted was love' part in the pre-chorus is orgasmic, I don't even care about the 'basic' lyrics, but the chorus itself is lackluster for me. But then again, it's a demo. Or is it?

jon snow love GIF

UnlikelyStan
1 minute ago, gummybear said:

I LOVE all parts of the song - I mean I really do, the verses are so catchy, the 'All I ever wanted was love' part in the pre-chorus is orgasmic, I don't even care about the 'basic' lyrics, but the chorus itself is lackluster for me. But then again, it's a demo. Or is it?

jon snow love GIF

I agree 100000% about the "All I ever wanted was love". The hook / start of the chorus is great, but I understand what you mean. When she stop's singing, it feels like she isn't quite giving me enough. I can't think of any gaga song where the chorus isn't serving vocals, and maybe it's just because I had that expectation in mind, but anyway...The final chorus pulled it all together for me,  and the bridge allows for the final chorus to get extra weird in a super unique way... Not sure if you've heard a full length HQ version but after hearing the end of the song it all made more sense to me and I love it.

I reckon it was intended to be the lead but plans will maybe change now that it has leaked 

www.youtube.com/jmremixes

33 minutes ago, gummybear said:

do we actually know? i feel we jumped to conclusions way too soon, since there is no official confirmation from any credible source.

i just find the lack of 'damage control' very... weird? like nobody cares. also, sitting on a nearly finished lead single for over a year, who does that? 

for me it seems SL is the burqa of this era.

i would say though, having the name of the song in the website code and gaga teasing it on the halloween pictures in some way justifies the song being the lead, still... the whole situation is just confusing. what do you think?

Took the words right outta my mouth sis

26 minutes ago, Mustang said:

Someone on reddit said Babylon is the song used on the first Haus Labs video

"Someone on reddit" :huntyga: I can't believe this Babylon bullshit is getting attention on Twitter and several posts on GGD. I have to take a moment to laugh

11 minutes ago, UnlikelyStan said:

I agree 100000% about the "All I ever wanted was love". The hook / start of the chorus is great, but I understand what you mean. When she stop's singing, it feels like she isn't quite giving me enough. I can't think of any gaga song where the chorus isn't serving vocals, and maybe it's just because I had that expectation in mind, but anyway...The final chorus pulled it all together for me,  and the bridge allows for the final chorus to get extra weird in a super unique way... Not sure if you've heard a full length HQ version but after hearing the end of the song it all made more sense to me and I love it.

I kinda feel like anti-climactic chorus is pretty unique and makes the song what it is, and the chorus is still so euphoric even without an anthemic belt

ShayCristoforo

I hope so. What’s so bad about it leaking? If you listen to the full HQ it’s prob similar to listening on Spotify or Apple Music or something. It’s still an exciting first listen.

Also, what if they released V5 in order to get our feedback and watch us. Maybe they’re having a hard time finishing a certain part and threw it out there for a final say 

Get the pinot ready, because it's turtle time.

G U C C I

Didn't she leak Aura herself but then Applause was the lead single? With zero word from her or her team maybe they decided to repeat the past but this time control the entire process instead of the disaster that was the ARTPOP era. They have a lead they want to use but in order to create hype for the album without doing any promo or interviews or social media bs they leaked a song and let it spread like wild fire. Kinda genius and a way to gauge interest. Clearly the whole world is ready for LG6.

Archived