đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Taylor Swift bummed with reputation Grammy snub

Lighter

Featured Posts

Lighter

Her same feelings with the RED loss too, this is really sad.:noparty:
As a swiftie I feel for her cause that massive comeback did deserve a nomination.

On the other hand I really do hope she gets Album of the Year out of her head as the main instrument for the reception she wants when wanting to know if she created good enough music or not. 
Winning twice really gets into you but I hope she’s in a healthier mindset now with winning grammys.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bradley

Edit: Okay, I read that part where she said she's just going to be make a better record. If that's the case, then great. But she literally is one of the most awarded artists in Grammy history. She fcking won Album of the Year twice, and got nominated for three or four times.

Lottie Winters

Honestly she should always be striving to make better music in general not just because of the grammys or charts. There are a lot more artists making more exciting and better-written music, and she needs to step up her game. Artists far better than her get snubbed constantly...

FlopSlurper
4 minutes ago, Bradley said:

There are two types of artists upon being nominated for non-general categories:

1. Why wasn't I nominated for Album of the Year? WHy do they hate me? The world is so unfair.

2. I'm so humbled to be nominated for Best Pop Solo Performance and Best Pop Vocal Album. This album means the world me and thank you the Grammys for recognising our work!

3- Being sad that their work didn't get recognised as much as they would've loved, and decide to work harder.

Your first point sounds more like nicki than tay.

Gov Hooka

I mean after what just came out about The Scammy’s I don’t think she or any artist should care if they win, lose, or receive nominations 

Bradley
1 minute ago, FlopSlurper said:

3- Being sad that their work didn't get recognised as much as they would've loved, and decide to work harder.

Your first point sounds more like nicki than tay.

Yeah I edited my comment. I recognised that she said she's just going to make a better record.

Didymus

I will never stop laughing at pop stars who make generic music who think they should be magically nominated for the top categories of a music awards show.

Y'all don't deserve it and you're getting way too many nominations as is for ratings :ladyhaha: Realise that and focus on your dog and pony show, don't worry about getting rewarded for your non-existent quality.

hankhatesyouall

She's such a megalomaniac. This is disgusting. Her only deserved Grammy win was for 1989. Neither Reputation nor Lover deserves any general field nominations:bon: 

LilyLark
12 minutes ago, Gov Hooka said:

I mean after what just came out about The Scammy’s I don’t think she or any artist should care if they win, lose, or receive nominations 

True, but they definitely still mean "something" even if everyone recognizes the issues with the Grammys. As long as stars keep being nominated/winning Grammys, even if they aren't selling huge numbers, the media considers them relevant and that goes a long way. Like I love Lorde, but Melodrama barely sold—her career would have fizzled out completely if she hadn't received an AOTY nom. And occasionally it's not a popularity contest—one example is Gaga winning a Grammy for Joanne (Piano Version) over Ariana's God is a Woman, considering Ariana was the "it" girl in music in 2019 even with Gaga getting all that attention for ASIB.

I do think it's kind of interesting that apparently Gaga, Taylor, and Beyonce are not attending this year.

MetalGaga
2 minutes ago, hankhatesyouall said:

She's such a megalomaniac. This is disgusting. Her only deserved Grammy win was for 1989. Neither Reputation nor Lover deserves any general field nominations:bon: 

1989 is really her only deserved Grammy win. Facts on that.

LilyLark
4 minutes ago, SimplyTheBest said:

ma'am you have two AOTY awards...

Yeah, I mostly like Taylor but this is a bit cringe, especially since she controversially won over Kendrick Lamar for one of her AOTYs.

An artist should never want to create 'better' music just because they didn't get an award, they called SCAMMYS for a reason as long as YOU and the fans like it who cares :flop:

Archived