Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Taylor Swift bummed with reputation Grammy snub

Lighter

Featured Posts

Glamourpuss
2 hours ago, Bio said:

if she wanted to create a better record why did she come out with Lover? :ladyhaha:

Anyway, we all knew she makes music for the money and the awards. A businesswoman, not an artist.

Lover is amazing though. 

I don't care if anybody disagrees with me. :bye:

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
freebit

She must have this mindset because of her consistant nominations and wins in AOTY. Being fawned over and rewarded at such a young age probably contributed to her way of thinking too. I think she cares way too much about being liked and rewarded. I mean, it's natural for every artist to want those things, but most are not this zealous about it to the point where they feel their work isn't as good if it isn't rewarded.   It's like she thinks she HAS to have the big prize everytime she releases.  I shudder to think what sort of inward meltdown she would have if she "only" opened with like, 200K one day, or came in second during her album debut week.

Inferno

I don't get people that think she deserves nominations for reputation let alone any of her albums really. 1989 I guess because people made such a big deal about it but it shouldn't have WON.

CantGetEnough

I think it is odd that Taylor, or perhaps her fans, always try to victimize her. She is one of the most successful musical artists of our generation. I am tired of any snub or lukewarm review becoming a vehicle for victimization. She is still highly lauded and successful. 

StrawberryBlond

I can't get over how winning AOTY twice (and being nominated 4 times overall) isn't enough for her. She's always had this air of entitlement and seems to think her music is next level or groundbreaking in some way that it deserves the highest praise. If she honestly thinks that winning AOTY is a sign that you've made your best album, she's delusional. If she's won it twice, what does that mean, then, according to her theory? Are they joint best? Can you better your best? Which one is the better "best"? So, I can therefore conclude that it's just good old-fashioned narcissistic entitlement. You have to realise that she's always been a spoiled child (emotionally, really) and spoiled children, if their attitude goes unchecked, turn into spoiled adults with zero self-awareness.

On 1/22/2020 at 2:46 PM, freebit said:

She must have this mindset because of her consistant nominations and wins in AOTY. Being fawned over and rewarded at such a young age probably contributed to her way of thinking too. I think she cares way too much about being liked and rewarded. I mean, it's natural for every artist to want those things, but most are not this zealous about it to the point where they feel their work isn't as good if it isn't rewarded.   It's like she thinks she HAS to have the big prize everytime she releases.  I shudder to think what sort of inward meltdown she would have if she "only" opened with like, 200K one day, or came in second during her album debut week.

What you're saying reminds me of the Lorde song, Bravado, which was about being a teenage singer dealing with a sudden onslaught of fame and I think it describes Taylor well too. You're right, putting these high expecatations on herself will inevitably lead to some sort of breakdown eventually because no one can stay on her level forever. She's already been on a commercial success downturn ever since Reputation, with LWYMMD being her last #1 and her last true hit. She'll eventually reach a point where, yes, she won't be hitting mega sales in her first week or even be debuting at #1 and that'll hit her hard. But I believe she's a narcissist and that's simply how they operate. They appear to have high confidence but its extremely fragile and they crave constant praise and reassurance.

Lighter
5 hours ago, StrawberryBlond said:

. If she honestly thinks that winning AOTY is a sign that you've made your best album

This is what makes me worry for her. But it’s been a long time since that nominations. After some further issues in life i hope she has gotten this out her system

StrawberryBlond
15 hours ago, Lighter said:

This is what makes me worry for her. But it’s been a long time since that nominations. After some further issues in life i hope she has gotten this out her system

I somehow doubt that. Considering that her win for 1989 was immediately followed up by 2 consecutive failures to even scrape a nomination (plus Reputation being her worst received album by her standards), she likely is still deeply in that perfectionist mindset. I think there's a reason she dropped that whole dark image she had going on with Reputation and reverted back to candy colours, bouncy pop and accessible love songs with Lover. She's trying to recreate the glory days of 1989 even thought she once said she wouldn't intend to remake the album. Reputation didn't give her the multiple hits she was used to, so she tried to recreate songs from the days when she could turn out hit after hit. But as we've seen, she's still struggling to get hits with this album, her first album not to have a US #1 single since Speak Now. I can't imagine this isn't having a profound effect on her. She had a the magic touch for a long while but now she's slowly losing it and when an artist has never known anything other than success, it always affects them deeply. Look at Mariah Carey. Nonstop success since her debut, has one flop album 10 years into her career and has a breakdown because of it. Madonna also went through a big mental turmoil 10 years into her career during her controversial Erotica era, which became her lowest selling album at the time and so many said she had lost her career over it. I think Taylor is going through something similar, though not as extreme, as these two.

Archived