Andreu

I cant with her fans thinking every time she doesnt get aoty shes snubbed

Hope she doesnt feel the same bc if ahe does :green: chile

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gov Hooka
39 minutes ago, LilyLark said:

True, but they definitely still mean "something" even if everyone recognizes the issues with the Grammys. As long as stars keep being nominated/winning Grammys, even if they aren't selling huge numbers, the media considers them relevant and that goes a long way. Like I love Lorde, but Melodrama barely sold—her career would have fizzled out completely if she hadn't received an AOTY nom. And occasionally it's not a popularity contest—one example is Gaga winning a Grammy for Joanne (Piano Version) over Ariana's God is a Woman, considering Ariana was the "it" girl in music in 2019 even with Gaga getting all that attention for ASIB.

I do think it's kind of interesting that apparently Gaga, Taylor, and Beyonce are not attending this year.

Idk if I agree with you about Lorde. She doesn’t need the Grammy’s to be a critic’s darling and have an incredibly loyal fan base. Another artist Mitski makes a lot of music that reminds me of Lorde’s that is criminally and commercially underrated yet her career is flourishing because of the same people that listen to Lorde. Most people have never heard of Mitski and she headlined a really successful tour. The Grammy’s only ever nominate what is popular out of multiple genres and have consistently missed the mark on awarding it to the right nominees. If artists stop giving credence to the Grammy’s then the media can’t reciprocate the attention and validity those awards bring back to the general public. But that’s ideally speaking. Considering Kendrick Lamar and Frank Ocean and Childish Gambino are already leading the pack on boycotting this sham, many hip hop media outlets and fans have accordingly lost their respect for the institution. So it is possible 

LilyLark
13 minutes ago, Gov Hooka said:

Idk if I agree with you about Lorde. She doesn’t need the Grammy’s to be a critic’s darling and have an incredibly loyal fan base. Another artist Mitski makes a lot of music that reminds me of Lorde’s that is criminally and commercially underrated yet her career is flourishing because of the same people that listen to Lorde. The Grammy’s only ever nominate what is popular out of multiple genres and have consistently missed the mark on awarding it to the right nominees. If artists stop giving credence to the Grammy’s then the media can’t reciprocate the attention and validity those awards bring to the general public. But that’s ideally speaking. Considering Kendrick Lamar and Frank Ocean and Childish Gambino are already leading the pack on boycotting this sham, many hip hop media outlets and fans have accordingly lost their respect for the institution. So it is possible 

I love Mitski, but I'm not sure I agree her career is flourishing. Agree that she does get positive press though in the same vein as Lorde despite not having any love from the Grammys.

gagaxsebert

Make a better album than reputation. :oprah: How did Lover happen then? 

Edit: Don’t come for me. Not saying Lover is bad but it’s definitely not better than reputation.

Used to be HighRoad

3 hours ago, Wifey said:

There are a lot more artists making more exciting and better-written music, and she needs to step up her game. Artists far better than her get snubbed constantly...

Like who? 

Im confused because so far there are mostly shitty artists doing shitty music 

illySpencer
2 hours ago, Gypsy said:

An artist should never want to create 'better' music just because they didn't get an award, they called SCAMMYS for a reason as long as YOU and the fans like it who cares :flop:

Totally agree with you. When you create an album, you do it for yourself not for prices. 

3 hours ago, Lighter said:

Her same feelings with the RED loss too, this is really sad.:noparty:
As a swiftie I feel for her cause that massive comeback did deserve a nomination.

On the other hand I really do hope she gets Album of the Year out of her head as the main instrument for the reception she wants when wanting to know if she created good enough music or not. 
Winning twice really gets into you but I hope she’s in a healthier mindset now with winning grammys.

Entitled as f-ck. she's had enough ass-licking from the Recording Academy and even picked up major wins she was not deserving of (i.e AOTY 2015 - Kendrick totally snubbed). A healthy mindset is not making music just win GRAMMYs ffs :interestinga:

if she wanted to create a better record why did she come out with Lover? :ladyhaha:

Anyway, we all knew she makes music for the money and the awards. A businesswoman, not an artist.

FameHookah

I mean her daddy already bought her like 91939191 grammies can she NOT

Omg beyawnce teas

WTF is MDNA

pachinko
5 hours ago, Vitleysingur said:

The humble pie must taste delish. :enigma:

There is no humbleness here. It's  all white privilege. 

Lighter
1 hour ago, pachinko said:

The humble pie must taste delish. :enigma:

She doesn’t need any she’s always been. And are y’all really saying sweetener is better than reputation? Cause girl... lol

Thomas P

It’s a bit ridiculous, but Idk why you guys don’t think most artists who achieve any success at all don’t care about the Grammys.

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

Archived