💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

The Cure vs Stupid Love

Twitter

Featured Posts

Inferno
8 hours ago, Twitter said:

THIS! We all know what Gaga is capable of and she has proved to us in the past she can deliver quality music no matter simple or complex.

It irks me how some fans jump ship and change their minds on what they want so frequently. :neyde: One moment fans want a TF/TFM return with her content being less serious than Joanne and ASIB. Next moment they become accustom to the seriousGa they look down on when she does something fun and generic like.

I believe its a safe and smart move to return after 4 years with a pop song like this. Its catchy, simple, and still has that Gaga edge to it. 

But that's not even it though. I just don't think that for generic this is even that great. It's just sounds like some random YouTube song that's barely gaga-fied enough to pull off being a gaga track. It's so like, whatever and I don't think the production of her vocals is even that great like, they're too up front that they clash with the instrumental (again not well versed in production lingo but I'm sure someone can articulate what I mean). Stupid love kind of reminds me of a more basic version of that ugly chic cover that came out a year or two ago. I'm down for basic I just don't personally think this is IT. But im not like denouncing her either lol

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Inferno said:

Stupid love kind of reminds me of a more basic version of that ugly chic cover that came out a year or two ago. 

Disrespectful. :neyde: I know what you mean but I still believe it’s a good song and can be a hit. 

We haven’t heard the album yet so LG6 can be 100% different than Stupid Love.

Inferno
6 minutes ago, Twitter said:

Disrespectful. :neyde: I know what you mean but I still believe it’s a good song and can be a hit. 

We haven’t heard the album yet so LG6 can be 100% different than Stupid Love.

It could be but I'm low-key not holding my breath. As much as I enjoy born this way and most of ARTPOP. She hasn't delivered something as defiantly sick as The Fame Monster since tfm, and after all this time I was really hoping this would be the release that signals a return of the fire lit driven pop behemoth that I love. But if this is any indication of what shes delivering im a little over it. Ride for life but I just don't think this song is of a good enough caliber that she's capable of nor up to snuff with a lot of whats out these days. She's been boring for too long. I need something more than what she wants to give I think. If this truly is the lead, the fact that either she or her team thought this was what should start the era says a lot to me.

Cookie Tookie

Both are uninspired and definitely hopping on trends, catered to the radio. BUT, The Cure is probably one of the worst songs Gaga has ever done. So my favorite automatically goes to Stupid Love, which has a godly prechorus at least. 

The Cure has beautiful lyrics, it's cute, but I got tired of it quick. Sometimes found it bland and uninspiring, despite the cute lyrics... but I just like Stupid Love more. Anything 80s sounding, I'm doooown! Sign me up!

BARCODE
10 hours ago, Twitter said:

For those who heard both. Lets start this sh*t early. :ally:

I love you you filthy ***** :ally:

Daylight Jokers
9 hours ago, River said:

I was keeping it to myself since the release :laughga:

I just can't listen to the song because of that reason, it's weird..

Then what do you think of The Edge of Glory then?

1 minute ago, LGs LM said:

Then what do you think of The Edge of Glory then?

EDOG is different because it's not tropical house, I don't mind songs about death, but not "happy" songs about death, they are weird.

TEOG is not that case.

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

The Cure is better written but everything else about is generic with a capital G.

Stupid Love is basic lyrically, but it tries to be more despite failing.

The former is basically any other pop girl, and the latter is typical Gaga. She aims higher, but doesn't always execute successfully.

Sepsami
10 hours ago, Jester said:

The Cure is Way superior

Excuse me but TC is actually basic and a trendfollower, SL is miles ahead :neyde:

rasclautmangos

I love The Cure, idk what people have against it. Stupid love is going to have to grow on me.

The version I heard was low quality and didn't sound finished, so I'll wait for it to officially drop, assuming that it will. 

Stupid Love, for sure. I like TC but I like that SL is basically the smartest, safest single choice while giving a few good melodies as well. She wasn’t going to have a crazy risk track like a BR lead the era so with that in mind, I like that what we got has overall very nice vocal delivery and TC is just a little less fun even if I like the lyrics more.

Giorno Giovanna

The Cure, it's a soft balm for your ears.

このジョルノジョヴァンナ夢がある

Archived