hausofdave

Featured Posts

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
derpmonster
2 minutes ago, gypsy101 said:

lmao what do you mean they’re “fake”

they’re awards given by members of a voting body. they’re as real as any award can be.

They're fake in the sense that the votes cast by that body (aka the Recording Academy) are overridden by a board.

So it gives the false impression of a roughly meritocratic vote by a voting body when it's really a much smaller group of people nominating instead of voting.

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

rain on meh
1 minute ago, ThatBinch said:

Damn. Now we know how Ally won a GRAMMY for Why Did You Do That. :ohwell:

Aaffhsjekwjw you're nasty

gagzus
41 minutes ago, Jose P said:

We been knew sis :huntyga:

I’m still not over Shape of You beating Kesha, Gaga, Pink, and Kelly Clarkson at Best Pop VOCAL Performance. A literal travesty of travesties.

I see there’s a lot of confusion over this, Best Pop Vocal Album has nothing to do with vocal quality or technique or anything like that. It means an albums which feature vocals so as to exclude instrumental/DJ albums which are typically more suited to Best Dance/Electronic Album. They need to be at least 80% songs with actual vocals. They renamed it from Best Pop Album some years ago because producers/DJs we’re submitting albums which were essentially 7 minute long looped dance songs so they had to be more exclusionary for quality purposes.

And idk why people are surprised when nowadays the GRAMMYs take success into account and we’ve know for a fact for years that they put business interests first.

Dutchmonster92
15 minutes ago, Kattys said:

I know, I just don’t have german keyboard :p

Then use double s? (Scheisse) 

derpmonster
3 minutes ago, gagzus said:

I see there’s a lot of confusion over this, Best Pop Vocal Album has nothing to do with vocal quality or technique or anything like that. It means an albums which feature vocals so as to exclude instrumental/DJ albums which are typically more suited to Best Dance/Electronic Album. They need to be at least 80% songs with actual vocals. 

I know that's the reason it's called that but it's poorly worded - a category name like Best Pop Vocal Performance tends to suggest it's about the merits of the vocal performance itself, not about the track that was performed and happened to have vocals in it (albeit a major part).

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

tomsches
26 minutes ago, ARTPOPthatbooty said:

Scheiße*
scheibe means glass plate in German :air: 

not just glass. It could also be cheese for example :ohwell:

bloody g

i predicted it

『𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐝』

LaMaisonGaga
1 hour ago, tomsches said:

not just glass. It could also be cheese for example :ohwell:

True :ally:

lamaisongaga.com

crackpoppodcast

Joanne (Where Do You Think You’re Goin’?) [Piano Version] - Single was found minding her damn business :koons:

6 hours ago, Lilmonzter said:

Mariah Carey is the biggest victim of the grammy bias. :neyde:

Female artists, especially pop singers, have always have it hard to be recognized by the Grammys.

6 hours ago, derpmonster said:

They're fake in the sense that the votes cast by that body (aka the Recording Academy) are overridden by a board.

So it gives the false impression of a roughly meritocratic vote by a voting body when it's really a much smaller group of people nominating instead of voting.

I think that the smaller group got power because it is there to support diversity. So when there isnt a country song or an important category doesnt have black artists, they are there to change that.

Now twitter is upset, but 2 3 years ago, they wanted this. 

Archived