opinion

Stupid Love is sooo gooooooood

StuckInMyMind

Featured Posts

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
nswain1110

I really like the song - it's fun,  boppy, 80's and carefree, but.... It's not lead material. This is album track 5 ,6 or 7 material. The chorus doesn't slap hard enough. It's campy similar to how Born This Way was campy, but BTW had WAAAAYYYYY more hype leading up to it which is why it literally couldn't fail. This won't go that far. It won't be remembered as Gaga's triumphant return to bombastic dance pop.  

Really hoping her team leaked this on purpose to analyze fan reactions and if so, hope they're listening to us! After 4 years she HAS to have a better lead choice, I mean, she has to right??? We just want her to come out the gate kicking a** and taking names! We want the world to freak out over her return! I just can't see this track doing that for her (beyond her core fanbase). 

Follow me on Instagram! https://www.instagram.com/natethetrailhunter/

57 minutes ago, nswain1110 said:

I really like the song - it's fun,  boppy, 80's and carefree, but.... It's not lead material. This is album track 5 ,6 or 7 material. The chorus doesn't slap hard enough. It's campy similar to how Born This Way was campy, but BTW had WAAAAYYYYY more hype leading up to it which is why it literally couldn't fail. This won't go that far. It won't be remembered as Gaga's triumphant return to bombastic dance pop.  

Really hoping her team leaked this on purpose to analyze fan reactions and if so, hope they're listening to us! After 4 years she HAS to have a better lead choice, I mean, she has to right??? We just want her to come out the gate kicking a** and taking names! We want the world to freak out over her return! I just can't see this track doing that for her (beyond her core fanbase). 

my thoughts exactly

nswain1110
9 hours ago, nswain1110 said:

I’m such a flake - after like 25 listens, and a few glasses of wine I’m pretty obsessed. It’s a solid banger - I’m not mad that it’s campy. Also we’ve no idea if this is intended to be the lead. I just want her to release it so I can give her all my Spotify plays. Every time I listen to it I feel like I’m cheating her outta streams so when it does finally go to streaming I’ll be riddled with guilt and play it more than I would have. Queen of physiological manipulation. 

Follow me on Instagram! https://www.instagram.com/natethetrailhunter/

FfFfFfFF
17 hours ago, Ziggy said:

tbh I'm surprised Madeon didn't work on this lol it sounds like a lot of his pop-edm work especially from around when he did his first album a few years back.

The French radio host that played the song said he was involved in the song.

MelbHawker
19 hours ago, Nikolai Barrow said:

Generally I am a fan of a big chorus but on this song it works perfectly. I don't think you can attribute the hook to laziness. Gaga's not lazy they made a decision to go the rout they did with the song. We don't have to have the same opinion about the song. But to me it's a  really exciting fun  song!

I mean, the hook is apart of the song/apart of the work - I get that. I just really dislike this trend in Pop music. It's so uninspiring IMO. 

It is an exciting, fun song. 

6 hours ago, FfFfFfFF said:

The French radio host that played the song said he was involved in the song.

really? good good, my ear still works haha it's very much his sound and very much what I had hoped his work with Gaga would have sounded like on ARTPOP so I hope that host was correct. thanks!

FfFfFfFF
Just now, Ziggy said:

really? good good, my ear still works haha it's very much his sound and very much what I had hoped his work with Gaga would have sounded like on ARTPOP so I hope that host was correct. thanks!

You're welcome! :happy:

Inb4 he was wrong and you'll come for me. :cryga:

Archived