💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

American folk singer David Olney dies on stage

Bubblegum Bitch

Featured Posts

Bubblegum Bitch

The American singer-songwriter David Olney has died on stage during a performance at a festival in Florida. Olney was a key member of Nashville's music scene and his songs were recorded by a number of country and folk stars.

The 71-year-old was mid-song when he apologised, closed his eyes and fell silent, two musicians who were performing alongside him said. He suffered an apparent heart attack during the show in Santa Rosa Beach on Saturday night, a statement said. 

"Olney was in the middle of his third song when he stopped, apologised and shut his eyes," Amy Rigby, a musician who was sitting next to him, wrote in a Facebook post. "He was very still, sitting upright with his guitar on, wearing the coolest hat and a beautiful rust suede jacket," she added.

Scott Miller, who was also on stage with Olney, said he had attempted to revive the singer. "David paused, said, 'I'm sorry' and put his chin to his chest," he wrote. "It was as easy and gentle as he was."

"We got him down and tried our best to revive him until the EMTs [emergency medical technicians] arrived. The world lost a good one last night but we still have his work. And it still inspires."

Source: https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-51173270

At least he died where and while doing what he loved the most :(

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Bubblegum Bitch
2 minutes ago, River said:

At least he died where and while doing what he loved the most :(

Yeah, I think it's like... not the worst way and place to die, or what. 

TheSlash

Imagine standing in the crowd and watch someone die in front of you and not even realizing it at first :cryga: . I didn't know him, but may he rest in peace and may his family go strong through this :pray: .

Ew, David!

Economy

Woa. I wonder if he felt it before but pushed thru it or if it really was sudden

Rip. 71 is a little young to die :(

Defmix100
11 minutes ago, TheSlash said:

Imagine standing in the crowd and watch someone die in front of you and not even realizing it at first :cryga: . I didn't know him, but may he rest in peace and may his family go strong through this :pray: .

yeah like the audience who saw Tommy Cooper die on stage in front of them were all laughing at him because they thought it was a joke

Daylight Jokers

He died doing (literally) what he loves. His fans though. I can't imagine being in their position and seeing my idol die right in front of me. Rest In Peace.

Archived