movie

Parasite Won Best Picture At SAG Awards 2020

RAMROD

Featured Posts

RAMROD

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

ParasiteĀ won theĀ SAG AwardĀ for best performance by a cast in a motion picture on Sunday night, making history as the first foreign language film to win in this category.Ā 

The film was up againstĀ Bombshell,Ā The Irishman,Ā Jojo Rabbit, andĀ Once Upon A Time In Hollywood.

The win is major for the South Korean comedy thriller, considering SAG-AFTRA's longtime aversion to subtitled films. This honor furthers the possibility of it making a very serious run at becoming the first non-English-language film to ever win the best picture Oscar.Ā 

Ā 

SOURCE:Ā 

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/amp/news/sag-awards-parasite-wins-best-performance-by-a-cast-a-motion-picture-1271027

Ā 

Ā 

Considering SAG, (Screen Actors Guild), voters are the same voters that votes for OSCARS,Ā  the opportunity is big in this for Parasite. The only black horse are Joker, andĀ  1917, which the latter one is not even nominated at SAG, which IMHO is not that good of a film after you stripped that one shot gimmick and amazing cinematography. Bland actors and script. So I really hope OSCARS give the award to Parasite.Ā 

So, what say you? Will Parasite win Oscars after this SAG victory? :flower:

(ļ¾‰ā—•ćƒ®ā—•)ļ¾‰āœ§*:ļ½„ļ¾Ÿ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*Ā“č‰øļ½€*) ā™”ā™”ā™”

Bradley

The title is misleading. SAG only rewards acting, it is a panel constituted only by actors.Ā 

The category you're talking about is not Best Picture but Outstanding Performance by a Cast.

Franch Toast

Parasite is a perfect film by a true auteur.Ā 

As Bong Joon-ho remarked, the Oscars are a "local" festival. Considering the Oscars' track record, Best Picture will probably go to some forgettable Wonderbread movie. I would love to see the film sweep its categories, however. I think it deserves all its nominations (and more ā€“ shame that the cast was overlooked). Aside from Bong's genius, the editing is also brilliant.Ā 

I love all his films, but this one is magnificent. And I love how he's such a proud dad taking videos and photos of his cast.Ā :heart:

I WANT Parasite to win, but I don't have a lot of faith in the Academy. I would love to be proven wrong, however.Ā 

She/Her/Hers

RAMROD
10 minutes ago, Bradley said:

The title is misleading. SAG only rewards acting, it is a panel constituted only by actors.Ā 

The category you're talking about is not Best Picture but Outstanding Performance by a Cast.

If you read the articles, it is clear enough it is not misleadingĀ :shrug:

(ļ¾‰ā—•ćƒ®ā—•)ļ¾‰āœ§*:ļ½„ļ¾Ÿ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*Ā“č‰øļ½€*) ā™”ā™”ā™”

Galagala

Omg yes!

Bye bye, Once Upon A Time in Hollywood.Ā 

1917 is winning that Oscars best picture now.:firega:

nodandsmile

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSS

the only category I cared about (the acting races are boring) due to the unfortunate fact that they didn't get any individual acting nomĀ (not even Song Kang-Ho šŸ™„)Ā 

I am sooo happy they didn't go for Once Upon A TimeĀ Ā :legend:

NOW I gotta watch 1917 šŸ‘€

I LOVE GGD
34 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

ParasiteĀ won theĀ SAG AwardĀ for best performance by a cast in a motion picture on Sunday night, making history as the first foreign language film to win in this category.Ā 

The film was up againstĀ Bombshell,Ā The Irishman,Ā Jojo Rabbit, andĀ Once Upon A Time In Hollywood.

The win is major for the South Korean comedy thriller, considering SAG-AFTRA's longtime aversion to subtitled films. This honor furthers the possibility of it making a very serious run at becoming the first non-English-language film to ever win the best picture Oscar.Ā 

Ā 

SOURCE:Ā 

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/amp/news/sag-awards-parasite-wins-best-performance-by-a-cast-a-motion-picture-1271027

Ā 

Ā 

Considering SAG, (Screen Actors Guild), voters are the same voters that votes for OSCARS,Ā  the opportunity is big in this for Parasite. The only black horse are Joker, andĀ  1917, which the latter one is not even nominated at SAG, which IMHO is not that good of a film after you stripped that one shot gimmick and amazing cinematography. Bland actors and script. So I really hope OSCARS give the award to Parasite.Ā 

So, what say you? Will Parasite win Oscars after this SAG victory? :flower:

Everybody has to see this film. It is an amazing film. A one of a kind.

nodandsmile
21 minutes ago, Bradley said:

Not anymore!

Bradley
2 hours ago, RAMROD said:

I did read the article, it said that it could further its chances of winning Best Picture at the Oscars.

We're talking about the ScreenĀ ActorsĀ Guild Awards here, and there is no Best Picture at the SAG.

2 hours ago, RAMROD said:

Doesn't matter when SAG doesn't have aĀ "Best Picture"Ā  category. It is factually wrong.

Diamond Heart

YASSS ! One of the best films ive seen in a long timeĀ :tony:

Thank god Once Upon a Time In Hollywood didnt winĀ :huntyga:

"GGD IS NOT FOR YOU" - Admin

Archived