💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Stupid Love is a distraction

coolninjaguy

Featured Posts

coolninjaguy

Just a thought but I feel like this is too "good" to be true. Is it just me or Gaga's team strategically leaked this to distract monsters/leakers from the actual lead. I put good in parentheses because while the song is not necessarily bad it just doesn't scream lead single (especially for the current 2020 climate). I understand if the nostalgia is getting the best of some of you, which is fine, but rationally speaking this song would not do well in the 2020 pop music climate. It sounds like something from 2012 (which does not imply that I think it is bad - just that it fits the aesthetic of music released in that era). I really think this is just gaga throwing monsters a bone (ala The Cure) LOL to shut them up for a month until the actual rollout of the lead begins. 

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And why do y’all want it to sound like what’s on the radio? Do y’all want Gaga to do ASMR and mumble rap?

Edonis

And I s2g y'all hear a synthesizer and heavy baseline and claim it came out 8 years ago. The claim is tired. 

2 minutes ago, Bio said:

And why do y’all want it to sound like what’s on the radio? Do y’all want Gaga to do ASMR and mumble rap?

I mean after some songs she's made I wouldn't be that shook lol. I might live Tbh because she would probably put a "gaga" twist on it. 

martiniglistens

It isnt dated...it is an actual POP song. 

Trends change all the time, different types of music are out at all times, and things cycle back into mainstream all the time. Bring big pop back Gaga, just like in 2008. 

I am here for this. 

Economy
4 minutes ago, Edonis said:

I highly, highly  doubt this. Her team is not that  strategic. 

Trueeeeeeee

Not joking, this much calculated moves and marketing ideas is not typical of her team so I doubt that too :selena:

TheRealJT

You don’t like the song, so that means it can’t be the lead single and this is all just a huge conspiracy and the real lead single will come out later? 
That’s crazy.  Stupid Love is most likely (99% chance) the lead single. 
Sorry. Get ready to bop to it all of 2020

derpmonster

From a genre perspective, it's Eurodance and 80s pop influenced. The last time Gaga did that was Nothing On But The Radio and Born This Way ish eras. That's why this fanbase thinks it's dated. :vegas:

If Lorde released the same thing, people would have a different tune.

She could certainly modernize the production a bit but this is a super LQ demo. Just see how her new cover of I Want Your Love is produced.  That kind of production would be great for this song.

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

MarcusBones

I love how all this fan base wants is her to make the same music everyone else is making. Like wtf is the point in that?

She's always done something polarizing in terms of pop, I'm not sure what y'all are expecting...

FfFfFfFF
46 minutes ago, coolninjaguy said:

but rationally speaking this song would not do well in the 2020 pop music climate. 

Who said that.gif

Archived