💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Predict Stupid Love’s debut and peak position

Ally Campana

Featured Posts

MiddleZone
Just now, nenhures said:

That's exactly what I'm saying. We've only heard a minute of SL but from the sound of it, it's not safe in the sense that it's not what's being played on the radio right now. None of her lead singles have been and that apparently hasn't changed. You said it yourself, the song doesn't fit the current musical climate. How is that safe?

What I’m trying to say is pop music isn’t necessarily ‘safe’ anymore. The charts aren’t really ‘pop’ in a lot of ways. Stupid Love sounds too basic/unmemorable to make a big impact in the charts in 2020. Maybe in 1981? Just my opinion sorry. :laughga:

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
nenhures
1 minute ago, MiddleZone said:

What I’m trying to say is pop music isn’t necessarily ‘safe’ anymore. The charts aren’t really ‘pop’ in a lot of ways. Stupid Love sounds too basic/unmemorable to make a big impact in the charts in 2020. Maybe in 1981? Just my opinion sorry. :laughga:

I understand that and you're entitled to it but I still fail to see how it's safe, basic or unmemorable, especially when all we've heard so far is a minute long snippet that yet somehow managed to be stuck on the head of most of the people who heard it.

MiddleZone
2 minutes ago, nenhures said:

I understand that and you're entitled to it but I still fail to see how it's safe, basic or unmemorable, especially when all we've heard so far is a minute long snippet that yet somehow managed to be stuck on the head of most of the people who heard it.

Maybe it’s just me, I know most ppl have been happy with it but based on the snippet I’m just feeling somewhat underwhelmed...

nenhures
1 minute ago, MiddleZone said:

Maybe it’s just me, I know most ppl have been happy with it but based on the snippet I’m just feeling somewhat underwhelmed...

I mean it's certainly not just you. And you're of course not obligated to like it, to each their own. We're gonna have to wait until it comes out (if it comes out) to fully judge it tho. For all I know I could end up hating it in the end.

Biden Harris 2024

It will probably chart between Shallow and Applause. Peak at 3 and stay in for 3 to 4 months.

academy awards hair flip GIF by Shalita Grant

Gov Hooka

After the success of ASIB and Shallow, if it doesn't debut within the top 10 or peak in the top 5, it will be a huge disappointment 

Lighter

Debut Streams: 150Million

Debut Sales: 1.3Million

Debut radio audience: 240Million

Yes, and what about it??

GenericPhag

Def debut in T10 imo. If Yummy and random Tick Tok songs can go T10, Stupid Love will. She has hype and people genuinely want LG6. Not everyone trends on Twitter with a leak. She could get another #1 , especially considering the lack of competition right now. Rihanna, Adele, and Beyonce are out of  sight currently and her only competition is like Selena, Justin, and Dua I guess. 

Archived