💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Predict Stupid Love’s debut and peak position

Ally Campana

Featured Posts

Ally Campana
22 minutes ago, JusKeepBreathin said:

None of her songs have debuted in the top ten sin 2013. 

And by the way Shallow debuted lower than PI at #28. 

I didn't out. Peak position you are right about that. I'll fix it. 

A quick fact check for you. Shallow did debut at #28 but it was because of its release date. It was released on a Thursday and debuted at #28 based on ONE day of its activity. It moved up to #5 on its second week which was its FIRST full week tracking period. Shallow could have debuted top 3 if it was released on a Friday as it sold 12k on its release day alone which is like ~80 points. And don’t come with that ‘it has a movie’ argument since Ariana, Taylor and Beyoncé clearly couldn’t do it.

Does it matter? Damage is done

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If it's Perfect Illusion quality-wise, #3 (due to the hype from ASIB)

If it's Bad Romance quality-wise, #1 for sure

JusKeepBreathin
6 minutes ago, Ally Campana said:

A quick fact check for you. Shallow did debut at #28 but it was because of its release date. It was released on a Thursday and debuted at #28 based on ONE day of its activity. It moved up to #5 on its second week which was its FIRST full week tracking period. Shallow could have debuted top 3 if it was released on a Friday as it sold 12k on its release day alone which is like ~80 points. And don’t come with that ‘it has a movie’ argument since Ariana, Taylor and Beyoncé clearly couldn’t do it.

I know it's second week was also ASIB's first week of release. Got it.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

Ally Campana
15 minutes ago, JusKeepBreathin said:

I know it's second week was also ASIB's first week of release. Got it.

My argument is still valid. You could cut out the album boost and it still would have debuted in the top 10 if it was released on a Friday. And that was her coming off of Joanne era. It’s simply stupid to think LG6 lead is gonna miss out the top 10.

Does it matter? Damage is done

Tbh I think that it mostly depends on what else is released the week she drops. If she doesn’t have anyone then I think it could be an obvious, inflated #1 for one week due to hype (like BTW was). If the promo is spot-on, no one else big drops and the song is good then she can continue the momentum and maintain a steady hit. I say #1 is obvious only because plenty of people just throw on the “week’s new tracks” playlists and would also be curious about a Gaga song plus the gays are THIRSTY for it. So the ingredients are there for a big debut, but whether it will sustain it is another question all together.

JazzGa

I think it is gonna chart like Applause! Top 10, radio longevity, and lots of commercial deals. Like I said this summer, watch it take over every graduation party, skating rink, and Kia commercial in 2020 :legend: 

God created Adam and Eve, but Gọdga collabed with Brian🎺 and Steve🎷

Regina George

I honestly think that if they play the cards right and if they actually be carful with the release that it can easily go to top 5 and even no 1. But only if they do this the right way. Video needs to be amazing. 

Archived