💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

ARUTW Appreciation Thread

MonSwiftAnton

Featured Posts

MonSwiftAnton

One of her best songs ever and her best ballad. Parts of me wishes that this was the single from ASIB and her having the Oscar moment with it. What do you love about it?

Stanley Digaga

ARUTW is my favorite song from ASIB, even the scene from the movie is my favorite. I remember when i saw it in theater I was blown away by her voice !

A shame it wasn't release as a single worldwilde :interestinga:

Cavadour

Always been my fave song of ASIB. The ultimate torch song. I love the progression from the intimate start to the supreme glorious middle part and the return to tenderness in the end. Her voice is a pure a delight to journey with from the tenor-like first verse to the alto power range, everything is perfect. The whole chord progression is a bliss and conveys such a strong emotion. Not to mention the lyrics. Hopeful and desperate. A real heartbreak. Jerks me to tears each time.

One last thing about ARUTW is her humming over the last 4 piano chords at the end of the song. Such a perfect and tender ending. And of course Lukas priceless reaction at the first bridge in the video...

Ok it's Gaga alone (with a strong introduction from Bradley) but maybe that's why Shallow is the winner single-wise. More in touch with both main movie characters. Besides, to me, ARUTW is THE best single anyway. I can loop it endlessly and tirelessly. A close one in my heart, though not for ASIB and not an LG song per se is the wonderful cover of Sir Elton, Your Song.

Late to the party but I got a diamond heart

SevenWonder

My favorite Gaga song by far. Though I love tons of others. It's so solid. Her voice is peak Gaga. 

EGOT2027

I will still never forgive them for using autotune on the soundtrack when it’s so much better raw in the movie. 

gagasicebath

When I'm driving, sometimes if Shallow comes on I'll skip it if I'm not in the mood. I NEVER skip ARUTW. To me, it's Shallow's quieter, more unassuming, less over the top but ultimately stronger little sister.

8 minutes ago, Trillion Reasons said:

Does this song really need appreciation thread? :queenga:

Just a daily reminder that it's BETTER than Shallow.

Archived