💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Academy members viciously reveal why Lopez, Sandler, Murphy got snubbed

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

Franch Toast
28 minutes ago, CautiousLurker said:

I'm less surprised/upset that JLo got snubbed and more surprised/upset Lupita Nyong'o got snubbed for Us :noparty:

I'm actually a little upset people are more focused on JLo - I get that Us has come out a while ago, but Lupita absolutely knocked it out of the park with that one. I don't want to put any of the nominees down because they've all done good work but I don't think any of them can really compare to what Lupita achieved in Us

So yeah, explain that one, Academy lady :crossed:

Lupita was phenomenal. I think it's not only that the film was released a long time ago, but also that the Oscars don't necessarily view the horror genre as respectable. (The year that Silence of the Lambs swept was an exception.) Without spoiling the film, I agree with you that I don't think anyone else achieved what Lupita did in Us given the work that was required of her. 

I'm also surprised by Awkwafina's snub, especially because she spends much of the movie speaking in Mandarin, which is not her native language (she studied in Chinese in Beijing as an adult), and I thought she did a great job, but still, I don't think anyone can compare with Lupita. 

She/Her/Hers

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived