Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

'Stupid Love is dated'

OMonster

Featured Posts

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For those who say "You say this song is dated by listening a popatoe quality snippet? "

If you have an ear it is easy to understand what u hear. You can...

I heard leaked recorded snippets of Remember Us This Way, Shallow and directly fell in love. Heard Heal Me and not so much. 

Delusional ones are the ones who will force themselves to like it by listening 100x times while GP will give it 1 or 2 chance and dont care.

TheElectricChapel

I cant with people hating on SL:saladga:

first people brand it a flop 'cus of its name:what:

then people say its "dated" because it sounds like BTW which was very 80s inspired:what:

just let the BTW/ARTPOP Stans keep winning, yall got YeehawJazzGa for 5 years

FREAK OUT FREAK OUT FREAK OUT FREAK OUT LOOK AT ME

ApplauseftAdele

I think the song is a bop, but u guys are calling it dated because of the 80s vibes. It sounds sort of dated to me because of the chopped up vocal samples which are reminiscent of 2016 tropical house..

Chromaticunt

Everybody saying it doesn't sound like modern mainstream music as though Gaga has EVER tried to keep up with modern mainstream music needs to go and stan someone else. Feel free to dislike the song but don't come here with this "it sounds dated" bullsh*t when her DEBUT SINGLE Just Dance was hailed for bringing back four-on-the-floor, a "dated" dance rhythm that hadn't been popular for years. 

coolninjaguy
1 hour ago, ThatBinch said:

Everybody saying it doesn't sound like modern mainstream music as though Gaga has EVER tried to keep up with modern mainstream music needs to go and stan someone else. Feel free to dislike the song but don't come here with this "it sounds dated" bullsh*t when her DEBUT SINGLE Just Dance was hailed for bringing back four-on-the-floor, a "dated" dance rhythm that hadn't been popular for years. 

ARTPOP and BTW literally tried to keep up with modern mainstream music of the time and were actually kinda late in doing that too?

Chromaticunt
4 minutes ago, coolninjaguy said:

ARTPOP and BTW literally tried to keep up with modern mainstream music of the time and were actually kinda late in doing that too?

Huh?! Name a single piece of mainstream music around that time that sounds like either of those albums. What does Applause sound like from 2013? What does Born This Way sound like from 2011? 

2 hours ago, Adriana Lima said:

For those who say "You say this song is dated by listening a popatoe quality snippet? "

If you have an ear it is easy to understand what u hear. You can...

I heard leaked recorded snippets of Remember Us This Way, Shallow and directly fell in love. Heard Heal Me and not so much. 

Delusional ones are the ones who will force themselves to like it by listening 100x times while GP will give it 1 or 2 chance and dont care.

I’d also add, though, that the Alejandro demo was ok at best and blossomed into a beautiful song. It was fine, did a little something but didn’t slap. The final version does. The thing with some ASIB songs is that since most of them are less produced and less electronic, they sound better in potato quality lol

Defmix100
1 hour ago, ThatBinch said:

at least in my mind complaining it sounds dated doesn't mean wanting it to sound like current music. When I first heard Aura and Venus I was blown away, they didn't sound dated but didn't sound like current mainstream music either. I think she works best making songs which could begin new trends and sound ahead of their time, not behind. Also I'm confused about the four on the floor thing but I know it was hailed for that, songs like Gimme More and The Way I Are were popular, released a year earlier and had four on the floor drums

xoxo Craig
23 hours ago, ReginaGeorge said:

I don’t think it sounds dated at all. It sounds like it’s challenging 80s but with a modern twist. It has the nostalgic feel to it but you can just tell that it’s new. Something that Dua Lipa is doing rn. It perfectly fits the 2019/20 nostalgia aesthetic that’s been pretty popular. 

Also to those saying (still) that this is from BTW era there’s a part in song (that didn’t leak yet) where she sings “all I ever wanted was love” before the last chorus and you can just tell that it’s her strong voice from 18-19. 

Exactly... I don't know why people are calling it dated in the first place. Its modern disco/pop with an 80s dance influence 

End Racism Now

It's not dated, is just simply BAD, specially those cringy ass lyrics... From what I've heard, this song feels like it won't last a month before everyone is done with

Archived