💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Do You Prefer Gaga's Old Pop Voice for LG6?

Divine

Do You Prefer Gaga's Old Pop Voice?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Do You Prefer Gaga's Old Pop Voice?

• Yes
    • Nah (I prefer her style now)

Featured Posts

I mean, there's no question about the amount of talent she has so as how wonderful her voice is. There's no doubt to that, but I think Gaga's way of singing style changed too, I think ARTPOP was the last era Gaga used her sweet pop tone. (or maybe in Cheek to Cheek?). When Joanne was released I know it kinda became more raw and deep which is beautiful too. I mean it still sounds so good and so genuine and so still her. I just wanna asked if you miss or want some old Gaga's voice sound style in songs like "Alejandro", "So Happy I Could Die", "Heavy Metal Lover", etc. I kinda miss her sound hypnotic, but during Joanne up until ASIB, she showed how much her voice can sound so as her range. I love "Always Remember Us This Way" so much by the way. It's kinda hard to choose tho. Upon hearing her recent leak which is "Stupid Love" I think she sticked using her current style. No problem tho, and ah it's never proved that it's for LG6's lead tho. Thoughts? :hug:

Her old voice style I'm pertaining:

Spoiler
Spoiler

Her new voice style I'm pertaining:

Spoiler
Spoiler

"And I still love you even if I can't see you anymore."

Gaga is a powerhouse and can do anything, but I truly prefer her mixed head/chest voice when using her higher register instead of just belting everything out loud (like she did moreso on C2C and Joanne than on ASIB). Sometimes I feel like she's oversinging and I still sometimes struggle to go through PI, but I guess that's just me.

monketsharona
Just now, YourCureness said:

She does not have a pop voice. She was autotuned before Joanne ERA

Nah just see her singing live. She has clearly different kind of vocal styles.

FfFfFfFF

I think her Joanne voice could work very well for more dance-y and groovy songs. Think of  I Want Your Love.

Helxig
23 minutes ago, YourCureness said:

She does not have a pop voice. She was autotuned before Joanne ERA

You're right, she was much more heavily autotuned back then, but her voice was much higher. Even her speaking voice was way higher before all the weed and cigarettes. I watched some BTW era interviews the other night and was shocked how girly she sounded. On top of the she adopted the 'Dope vocals', and also she's spoken about Tony Bennett teaching her new singing techniques. She used to sing more nasaly and had a naturally higher voice but her tone is naturally darker now with lots of vibrato and power behind it.

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

6 minutes ago, Helxig said:

Even her speaking voice was way higher before all the weed and cigarettes.

Miley Cyrus is a good example for this, her speaking voice now is raunchy as hell

Helxig
5 minutes ago, COOOK said:

Miley Cyrus is a good example for this, her speaking voice now is raunchy as hell

This is soooo true! I watched one of her lives recently and her voice is so deep and hoarse sounding! 

Also sidenote... if you record Famega and lower the pitch it sounds exactly like Gaga now! I know because I have an app on my phone and I tried it on a bunch of old interviews :laughga: 

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

Defmix100

I think it depends on the song, her new voice is best for ballads but for EDM I prefer her older voice

but she can still change her voice so much like the pop tracks in ASIB and her voice in I Want Your Love which I think works perfect for that

StevieNicks
2 hours ago, Hyoha said:

Gaga is a powerhouse and can do anything, but I truly prefer her mixed head/chest voice when using her higher register instead of just belting everything out loud (like she did moreso on C2C and Joanne than on ASIB). Sometimes I feel like she's oversinging and I still sometimes struggle to go through PI, but I guess that's just me.

PI is supposed to be frenetic and balls to the wall. It suits the lyrics. If she wanted to sing it softer she would. Look at Is That Alright. Softly sung, effortless. 

TheSlash
2 hours ago, Helxig said:

You're right, she was much more heavily autotuned back then, but her voice was much higher. Even her speaking voice was way higher before all the weed and cigarettes. I watched some BTW era interviews the other night and was shocked how girly she sounded. On top of the she adopted the 'Dope vocals', and also she's spoken about Tony Bennett teaching her new singing techniques. She used to sing more nasaly and had a naturally higher voice but her tone is naturally darker now with lots of vibrato and power behind it.

She also said in an interview that working on AHS changed her voice quite a lot. Can't remember the exact interview, tho :green: .

Ew, David!

Didymus

100%. Her current style (minus her completely different ASIB era style) is just sloppy and theatrical in all the wrong ways imo.

Her vocals shine more (not just in terms of wowing the audience but especially in drawing people into her songs) if she restrains herself a little bit and just focuses on the words instead of singing them as dramatically as she possibly could, which seems to be her current idea.

Archived