💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Rolling Stone: Tony Bennett and Gaga to make a jazz album

exoskeleton123

Featured Posts

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DYING at the lack of jazz appreciation in this thread. Gaga has hands down one of the best jazz vocals I've ever heard. Sultry but bright at the same time, just like jazz should be. Some vocalists who are known only for jazz are blown out of the water by her. Ever since I first heard Lady and the Tramp, I immediately wanted a jazz album from her. I really hope this happens. As far as I know, she'd be the first pop star ever to record a purely jazz album -- none of the other singers have the chops for it. It'd really put her even another step above the rest, if that's even possible by now.

BeautyisaLie

The only thing I don't like about it is: 'the record will consist entirely of songs from the catalog of a mystery songwriter. I can't mention the composer because I don't want anybody to do it before we do it, but there's a great composer that's very underrated' HELLOOO Tony, you already have a songwriter and that's gaga. You don't need another composer..what's wrong with this man? :sweat: I love him anyway.

It's dark but just a game

WarriorPrince

Great! I hope it wont be happening anytime soon. But i do want it to happen!

Anyway Gaga is so musically diverse, i love that aspect of her.

To people talking as if Bennett is unneccessary on the album... He's the one of the two experienced in jazz album so I think respect should be given where it is due, not to mention that he's a legend! Gaga's got an incredible jazzy voice so please if you don't like it that's ok but don't go around saying she should not do this. Besides, this will definitely not interfere with her own solo music. One last thing, this may never come to fruition.

Other than it becoming a distraction problem, I don't see ANY problem with this collaboration. It's not like it would interfere ARTPOP. It's a completely new separate album.

;) am I the only one that likes this? Also this is perfect Grammy bait

Yes, I am so here for a jazz album with Tony Bennett :flutter:

Archived