💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Little Mix's Jade credits being in the band helped her Anorexia Recovery

Gimme More

Featured Posts

Gimme More

112728?crop=16_9&width=660&relax=1&signa

Little Mix’s Jade Thirlwall’s eating disorder came to an end with the support of her bandmates.

Jade Thirlwall has opened up about her struggles with anorexia and put her recovery down to the help of her Little Mix bandmates.

She's also discussed how she was bullied 'a lot' about her race at school, which led to her becoming 'incredibly insecure'.

Speaking to The Guardian, she said: "At school, I was bullied a lot about my colour. I became incredibly insecure, and was anorexic from 13 to 18.

"Going on the X Factor and being put into Little Mix helped me to recover. I knew I’d never be able to be a singer and live my dream if I stayed the way I was; having that goal was my light at the end of the tunnel."

Opening up about her time in the band, she said it wasn't at all 'competetive' between the girls and they were actually her 'saving grace'. 

She added: "People think that girl band members are competitive, but my saving grace was being put in a group where we supported each other and gave each other confidence boosts."

The 27-year-old singer previously spoke about her eating disorder, which she had for five years, saying she was treated in hospital.

The 'Black Magic' hitmaker underwent regular therapy sessions and was discharged weeks before auditioning for the X Factor in 2011.

Jade went on to reveal that Little Mix's first magazine feature gave her a 'complex' after she realised her nose had been Photoshopped.

She said: "On one of our first photoshoots, the magazine Photoshopped my nose, which gave me such a complex. Suddenly I thought: is that how I’m supposed to look?"

"For years afterwards, I wanted a nose job, and then a boob job. I still have days where I have a breakout and I feel like sh**, but I get over it," added the 'Woman Like Me' singer.

Jade isn't the only member in the band who has suffered with insecurities. Jesy made a ground-breaking documentary about her experience with self-love last year and Perrie has opened up about her anxiety in the past. Leigh-Anne also opened up about the racism she faced while being in the band by trolls online.

However, these struggles have brought the gang closer together and they recently revealed in an interview that they 'couldn't go on' if one of them left the group.

"I can't see us ever feuding. Or [if Little Mix split] getting back together without one of us being involved," Jade told MailOnline. 

"People know we’re friends. It's not fake with us, you can just tell."

These girls and their friendship is just so sweet :bradley: Little Mix will have been together for 9 years later this year :heart:

tenor.gif?itemid=12585383

#JusticeForBritney ♡

The way they support each other is beaut. No member stands out like other girl group because they work like a family and let each other shine but together.

Gimme More
3 minutes ago, Floppy said:

The way they support each other is beaut. No member stands out like other girl group because they work like a family and let each other shine but together.

LOVE.

this is absolutely why I love them :bradley: they are four of the sweetest girls and their friendship is amazing! I love how they stick up for each other and have one another's backs. Like you said I love how there is no lead singer and they all have their own moment to shine :heart:

#JusticeForBritney ♡

1 minute ago, Gimme More said:

LOVE.

this is absolutely why I love them :bradley: they are four of the sweetest girls and their friendship is amazing! I love how they stick up for each other and have one another's backs. Like you said I love how there is no lead singer and they all have their own moment to shine :heart:

Imagine being as lucky as we are to stan a girl group that didn't split after a couple albums due to egos behind the scenes. 

Gimme More
1 minute ago, Floppy said:

Imagine being as lucky as we are to stan a girl group that didn't split after a couple albums due to egos behind the scenes. 

Ikr, I completely agree! their friendship just radiates, supporting eachother through each of their own issues :bradley: I was literally so emotional watching them talk/cry about when they found out Jesy attempted suicide and how much they had tried to do all they could to support her. They are just such an amazing group :bradley: I am yet to find another girl group past or present that has a bond as close as theirs :bradley:

#JusticeForBritney ♡

migamiga

They are seriously the best girl group ever. So talented and all their entire brand is built in their genuine friendships :heart:

Gimme More
52 minutes ago, geishababe said:

They are seriously the best girl group ever. So talented and all their entire brand is built in their genuine friendships :heart:

I couldn’t agree more :bradley::heart:

#JusticeForBritney ♡

Archived