Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Stop dragging Dr. Mike on twitter

Chickens in Malibu

Featured Posts

LilyLark
16 minutes ago, Chickens in Malibu said:

It's crazy.

Every Gaga fan is suddenly a medical expert lmao.

Dr. Mike has a PhD. He has his own expert opinion. I don't think we should be giving expert opinions unless we have the qualifications for them.

No joke, but I honestly do wonder if the people who do this (pile on twitter) are a little crazy. It's like they may be venting personal issues/emotions in their own lives through whatever happens to a celebrity, if that makes sense? Basically, a lot of projection....

Obviously it's wrong no matter what to be bullies on social media, but the fans never stop and think about how it can (unfairly) negatively reflect on the star they "stan." Sure, most of what starts on social media stays on social media but some of it seeps through to Buzzfeed and it's never the crazy stans they get the blame (as they deserve)—it's always (unfairly) Gaga, Ariana, etc. for their stans behaivor.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
nenhures
37 minutes ago, LilyLark said:

Yikes. The big official fan accounts should try and shut this type of sh*t down, not amplify it. What the h*ll are they thinking?

Also, while I agree with him ...I also think it was a bit click baity as OP stated. However, Gag's words could be twisted/taken out of context to be even more click baity—and if fans keep fanning the flames,that's what's going to happen and it'll be far worse. Congrats, dumb twitter stans—y'all are going to get headlines accusing Gaga of being a secret Scientologist next because I can easily see her words on medication and doctors being twisted to make it seem like she's advocating their stance.

Yeah, that's what I've been thinking. I agreed with him in the OP to a certain extent but regardless of him being a doctor on not, his goal on YouTube is to get views and as stated by other people in the thread he has a track record of being clickbaity. And it's not like Gaga condemned medication or dis-encouraged people from seeking help - quite the contrary!

Messy stans always turn an otherwise alright situation into a bad one and as per usual Gaga gets the bad rep. And GGD truly had no business flaming it, that's toxic as hell and they should know better.

Edit: I read the tweet from GGD and I retract that it's "flaming it" since it was expressed in a respectful way. I still think big accounts like these should stay away from these situations as much as possible tho because (and even though that's not the intention) it ends up inviting harassment from stans who don't know the concept of civility.

Are people really attacking him on Twitter because he (a doctor...) told his opinion in a respectul way ? Jesus Christ...

RAMROD

:diane:  now the doctor must have regret it using Gaga for clout

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

LilyLark
Just now, MrG1087 said:

I don’t have Twitter because it’s too messy.

I really enjoyed twitter 2010-2012 and then it just became a hellscape...everything is messy on it now: politics, news, entertainment, etc. I barely  use it anymore.... I made a mildly positive comment about Elizabeth Warren the other day and I got bombarded and called a d*mb b*tch, etc.

Dominic
29 minutes ago, OBEY said:

You're right but surely the ones dragging him on Twitter/Youtube are not on this website; they're mostly toxic twitter stans with no life. 

This. You should direct your preaching towards Twitter tbh 

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

LilyLark
6 minutes ago, nenhures said:

Messy stans always turn an otherwise alright situation into a bad one and as per usual Gaga gets the bad rep. And GGD truly had no business flaming it, that's toxic as hell and they should know better.

Preach. Of the top of my head, the Brian Newman situation is the last time this happened...but it's happened a lot. Stans are gonna make Gaga go all Taylor circa Reputation or Beyonce one of these days.....

And I don't want to victim blame, but a lot of the times the "targets" of this sort of thing leverage the celebrity's name for attention and then occasionally it moves past social media into the tabloids. Of course, this is how Gaga or Ariana or whatever celeb is being "stanned" ends up with the blame. Hopefully Dr. Mike realizes it's just a bunch of horrible twitter stans and doesn't blame Gaga/try and leverage this for attention.

Mister G
14 minutes ago, LilyLark said:

I really enjoyed twitter 2010-2012 and then it just became a hellscape...everything is messy on it now: politics, news, entertainment, etc. I barely  use it anymore.... I made a mildly positive comment about Elizabeth Warren the other day and I got bombarded and called a d*mb b*tch, etc.

Twitter is too much. It’s fine to have your opinions but some people get bananas over the slightest remarks.

Candy Gaga

He's not that smart either. As a doctor myself and Psychology was part of my course I've seen a lot of people that got better by the will to get better than by a psychiatrist. He should just shut up and leave her express what she want and stop protecting the coins.

Candy Gaga
19 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

:diane:  now the doctor must have regret it using Gaga for clout

Thank you. This man got famous for being naked on Insta and girls and gays drooling over him not by his certificate or being an expert. Never took him seriously. 

LaMaisonGaga

@Admin didn‘t drag him, why are all of you so damn dramatic over this? Can‘t someone voice their opinion back/have a simple conversation (or discussion in this case) without you guys having to label it as "dragging"? smh

lamaisongaga.com

geusst1235
9 minutes ago, ARTPOPthatbooty said:

@Admin didn‘t drag him, why are all of you so damn dramatic over this? Can‘t someone voice their opinion back/have a simple conversation (or discussion in this case) without you guys having to label it as "dragging"? smh

Yea there was no hostility in their tweets at all. They provided their opposing viewpoint in a mature and concise manner imo.

I don't really see any aggression here nor negativity,

I will say that others have been overtly negative, or impolite which shouldn't be happening at all.

Sepsami
49 minutes ago, Pablo said:

Even the official ggd Twitter was going at him, it's embarrassing y'all. 

Yes it's a difficult subject but from his point of view I'm not surprised he didn't agree with Gaga.

Hardly going at him, just disagreeing in a healthy discussion :triggered:

Archived