Stefani Tee
Sign in to follow this  
society

Older Couples Dream House Dangling Over Lake

Featured Posts

Economy

This couple in their late 50s or 60s has already lost its deck and sun room and now a few feet of the remaining house is dangling over Lake Michigan and they still owe a mortgage on it

The culprit is the high water levels on the great lakes that are erroding the shorelines

• Like 1
  • Shook 1
  • Sad 4

Maleficent

surely insurance covers this? also i bet these boomers are climate change deniers even with their house dangling over a lake. 

I'm not a witch, I'm a love technician
  • Like 3
  • LMAO 1
  • Thanks 1

Economy
Just now, Maleficent said:

surely insurance covers this? also i bet these boomers are climate change deniers even with their house dangling over a lake. 

Depends on insurance policy

Also u shouldn't make assumptions based on ppls age. Not all older people are climate change deniers just as some young people can be

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Gagaloo92

If they're climate change deniers then it's what they deserve! 

But if not, how sad. Regardless, it's sad. But that said, in the event they do deny the reality of then maybe this will persuade them. 

mxnster

umm so what i said and quoted didnt show up lmao

Edited by mxnster
"Only the gentle are ever really strong." - James Dean

mxnster
1 hour ago, Economy said:

Would be better from the deck or sunroom that's gone now :selena:

just rebuild it :derpga:

Economy
35 minutes ago, Gagaloo92 said:

If they're climate change deniers then it's what they deserve! 

But if not, how sad. Regardless, it's sad. But that said, in the event they do deny the reality of then maybe this will persuade them. 

I think that's a little harsh... First of all average climate change deniers dont really necessarily contribute more to global warming than the average person tbh. So far the world has relied on government policy on energy and regulation on big polluters more than anything to try to control climate change not how we behave as consumers. You'd be punishing them for an ignorant mentality more than an actual action

It kinda sounds like u want this to happen to climate change deniers as a way to rub it in their face like "ohhhh look see"

It's ur house. Most people's entire lives networths and memories are in their home

Having an ignorant belief warranting loosing ones house is beyond harsh. Ignorance requires education not their lives ruined :madge:

I'd rather go to prison for a few years than to loose my home at old age :madge:

Edited by Economy
  • Thanks 3

mxnster
Just now, Economy said:

This is giving me series of unfortunate events teas :air:

latest?cb=20171230062422

omg :messga:

• LMAO 1

Gagaloo92
37 minutes ago, Economy said:

I think that's a little harsh... First of all average climate change deniers dont really necessarily contribute more to global warming than the average person tbh. So far the world has relied on government policy on energy and regulation on big polluters more than anything to try to control climate change not how we behave as consumers. You'd be punishing them for an ignorant mentality more than an actual action

It kinda sounds like u want this to happen to climate change deniers as a way to rub it in their face like "ohhhh look see"

It's ur house. Most people's entire lives networths and memories are in their home

Having an ignorant belief warranting loosing ones house is beyond harsh. Ignorance requires education not their lives ruined :madge:

I'd rather go to prison for a few years than to loose my home at old age :madge:

Perhaps. But what about the planet?? Is it not harsh how we treat it? 

I'm so sick of the ignorance and people denying it when all the evidence points to us destroying it. 

All we have is one planet and it's infuriating how people are still so okay with what's going on and okay with denying reality just so they can live with themselves at night and keep living the lives they do. 

People and corporations alike need to stop and get serious about it. In many case, it's tragic sh!t like this that gets people finally paying attention and wanting to do something. 

If that's what it takes then that's what it takes :ohwell:

People can rebuild their homes. We can't rebuild the fvcking planet! 

To hell with people's livelihoods that we want to defend when we're literally KILLING THE ONLY PLANET WE HAVE! 

To me the planet is more important than our own livelihood. 

Edited by Gagaloo92