Stefani Tee
Sign in to follow this  
politics

Debate Poll: Warren had best performance, gained most potential voters

Featured Posts

PoshLife

FiveThirtyEight and Ipsos have partnered to measure how each of the primary debates affects how potential voters feel about each candidate, by asking respondents a set of questions before and after a debate to see how things change. You can see their full results for last night's debate here (and please do! They have a lot of great charts visualizing the results that I couldn't embed here).

Notably, they asked respondents to rank each candidate's performance on a scale of 1-4. They found that Warren received the highest marks, with an average 3.3 rating, while Sanders came in second at 3.1, and Buttigieg and Biden tied for third at 3.0.

When you weigh it for each candidate's favorability going into the debate, Warren gave an outsized performance, while Biden and Sanders underperformed (Biden particularly so, since he has a very high favorability rating but didn't get great marks in the debate): 

POLL-SCATTER.png?w=1150

Similarly, Warren gained the most potential new voters as a result of the debate; respondents were asked to select every candidate they were currently considering voting for, both before and after the debate. Warren gained just over 3%, the highest potential swing, while Buttigieg and Klobuchar both  gained about 2 points. Note that both before and after the debate, Biden and Sanders still have the first and second highest number of potential supporters, Biden being the only candidate to crack 50% both before and after.

Lastly, Sanders' net favorability rating was the only one to drop, falling by 3.6%, while Klobuchar and Steyer saw the highest increases but are still far behind the others. Sanders and Biden remain the most favorable candidates, followed closely behind by Warren.

creek creek butter cartman yaoi kyle creek creek
  • Like 1
  • LMAO 10

TioBernie

Well, congratulations Warren. You had to become a liar and work with CNN and for what? To gain 3 voters from Biden and Pete:ladyhaha: 

BERNIE 2020!

• Like 3
  • LMAO 1
  • Thanks 3

M Monstre

I admit, her response was well-thought-out, but that's sort of the point...

Warren's plan was to obviously stir up this nonsense about Bernie saying that a "woman couldn't be president" in order to get a good soundbite at the debate. And you know what? It worked. Her response was good, but that comes from the fact that she planned this out in advance, but also because the moderators were very clearly biased against Bernie. 

Anyone who legitimately believes that Bernie said that a woman couldn't be president is missing a few brain cells. It's completely out of character for him to do so.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 3

Florin

The real question is if this can survive for 3 weeks and even grow a little bit. She needs a good strategy. I wouldn't bother with online right now cause she doesnt have a chance. 

pachinko
13 minutes ago, Gov Hooka said:

my parents informed me that they apparently love Klobuchar now :selena:

She's good! But there's Bernie. 

ItsTommyBitch

The question for Warren is does she think that the risk of losing all of her progressive acumen is going to be worth what she might gain from this?

Will it be enough to eek out a 1st or 2nd in Iowa? And if so, does she have a path to the nomination beyond that that doesn't involve settling for a VP pick for Joe, or helping staff his administration ala Clinton in '16? She's still not winning in NH, NV, California, or the super tuesday states, just Massachusetts at this point. In comparison, Bernie could very well win California, and I expect he could do surprisingly well in Texas and the southern states as well if he were to win IA/NH and even NV, which is all very possible at this point in time.

Are the Obamaworld endorsements a sign that they are trying desperately to put their money and support into her over Joe because they fear he will lose and they think she has a better chance? Or is this just because her staff is comprised of former Clinton staffers who are making the same political plays as they did in 2016 :shrug:

I guess we'll see.

Unfortunately, the loser in all of this is Progressive ideas and policy.

Edited by ItsTommyBitch
私自身もこの世の中も誰もかれもが, どんなに華やかな人生でも, どんなに悲惨な人生でも, いつかは変貌し, 破壊され、消滅してしまう. すべてがもともとこの世に存在しない一瞬の幻想なのだから
  • Like 3

Bae

Bernie’s still going to win.

Edited by Bae
Let's take you to Chanel cuz' you look like hell.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

derpmonster

And yet Warren is lagging by more than 5% in the latest Nevada poll :ladyhaha:

Join my FB Gaga sh*tposting group: I'll Never Release LG6 https://www.facebook.com/groups/185450449037808/
  • Like 2

JusKeepBreathin
1 hour ago, Gov Hooka said:

my parents informed me that they apparently love Klobuchar now :selena:

She had a great performance last night and she honestly was endearing. We finally saw a personality. I don't think it will take her to the presidency but she deserves whatever increase she got based on her performance last night. 

Edited by JusKeepBreathin
"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.
  • Like 1

Postboy

It’s still gonna end up being Biden vs Sanders :awesome:

Warren really did the neoliberals a solid with this little stunt.  

• Like 1

GooberChill

Warren proved herself to be a slimy crooked clown along with the people who destroyed Bernie in 2016 (looking at you DNC/CNN). 

If the Democratic Party has proven anything is evidence of throwing away their opportunity willingly in favor of trump. Mark my words.

Warren will win the ballot, and Trump will win re-election. 

Shame on you DNC. Would love to know what’s really going on beyond the scenes. The US hasn’t been a democratic country now for a long time. :queenga:

• Like 2

JusKeepBreathin
14 minutes ago, derpmonster said:

And yet Warren is lagging by more than 5% in the latest Nevada poll :ladyhaha:

And what's the margin of error on this poll?

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.