Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Stephen King faces backlash over comments on Oscars diversity

Featured Posts

I agree with him. One should vote on who is the best in terms of quality. Not "oh I need to include a female, I need a POC". The problem is, there are some who think only white men make quality which is not true. But if 5 white men are truly the best in a category, I don't think it's fair to kick one out for one inferior just for diversity.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He added this later

he’s not “cancelled”, if you look many tweets under the first one, they’re starting ”with all due respect sir...” 

so he’s not really attacked. 

FreePalestine

lifeasgeorge
2 hours ago, Whispering said:

This was the case in the past, but in 2016, the governing body of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences,  committed to doubling the number of women and diverse members of the Academy by 2020. The numbers of diverse voting members have grown every year.

Do you know what the numbers are by chance? I know they’ve been making steps but if you double 10 to 20 it’s not that big of a difference :poot:

live and let live

ltlmnstr
8 minutes ago, lifeasgeorge said:

Do you know what the numbers are by chance? I know they’ve been making steps but if you double 10 to 20 it’s not that big of a difference :poot:

No one truly knows as it’s very secretive

It literally is the illuminati conspiracies people love

They have a black woman as president over seeing everything but I feel it’s just figurehead representation 

2 hours ago, lego said:

He added this later

he’s not “cancelled”, if you look many tweets under the first one, they’re starting ”with all due respect sir...” 

so he’s not really attacked. 

He is being attacked. Whether or not you agree with his tweet, he clearly is receiving a lot of back lash on social media. If you were on the receiving end of this kind of vitriol - character assassination and threats of violence - you would probably feel "canceled."

ltlmnstr
1 hour ago, SKANK said:

He is being attacked. Whether or not you agree with his tweet, he clearly is receiving a lot of back lash on social media. If you were on the receiving end of this kind of vitriol - character assassination and threats of violence - you would probably feel "canceled."

You are cherry picking tweets they barely have 50 likes

7 minutes ago, ltlmnstr said:

You are cherry picking tweets they barely have 50 likes

One of those tweets has almost 20,000 likes, another over a 100.

The user I quoted said he wasn't being attacked, and that critical tweets were starting with, "with all due respect," etc. They were cherry picking. So in response I cherry picked overly critical tweets.

If you search twitter you will find a lot of people attacking him, and a lot of people defending him. My point was only that it's not true to say he isn't being attacked.

Archived