Stefani Tee
Sign in to follow this  
politics

Video emerges of Bernie saying a woman could be president

Featured Posts

David Ward

A clip emerged Tuesday of Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) saying in 1988 that he believed a woman could be elected president, just a day after Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) said Sanders told her in 2018 that a woman couldn't win the presidency.

"The real issue is not whether you're black or white, whether you're a woman or a man. In my view, a woman could be elected president of the United States," Sanders, at the time a high-profile supporter of Jesse Jackson’s 1988 presidential bid, said in the clip. "The real issue is whose side are you on? Are you on the side of workers and poor people, or are you on the side of big money and the corporations?"

The clip was highlighted by Meagan Day, a staff writer for the leftist magazine Jacobin and a vocal supporter of Sanders.

#RefundWarren #Bernie2020

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/478299-video-emerges-of-sanders-saying-a-woman-could-be-elected-president-in-1988

Edited by David Ward
  • Like 1
  • YAAAS 2
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 7

Eighteen

this is ridiculous. yeah, EVERYONE who is liberal thought a woman could win. PRE-2016. what is it that you don't get?

• Sad 4

auntiehunter

Ok I love Bernie as much as the next person, but just because he said something in 1988 doesn’t mean he is going to say the exact same thing 30 years later behind closed doors? Yes we shouldn’t be cancelling him over a ‘he said she said’ but the attacks on Warren are so messed. Who’s to say he did actually say this with her and we’re all 🤡

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

David Ward
5 minutes ago, Eighteen said:

this is ridiculous. yeah, EVERYONE who is liberal thought a woman could win. PRE-2016. what is it that you don't get?

Bernie has never changed political stances in decades. You honestly think that after 5 decades, Bernie would throw it all away and change his mind? That's like saying Gaga, after building her career around integrity, finally gives up and no longer wants to advocate to the Gay or trans community. It's just simply not done.

Warren, on the other hand, is willing to jeopardize the election for Trump for her own gain.

• Thanks 5

Faysalaaa
9 minutes ago, auntiehunter said:

Ok I love Bernie as much as the next person, but just because he said something in 1988 doesn’t mean he is going to say the exact same thing 30 years later behind closed doors? Yes we shouldn’t be cancelling him over a ‘he said she said’ but the attacks on Warren are so messed. Who’s to say he did actually say this with her and we’re all 🤡

The issue here is how they are trying to make Bernie look like a sexist. Even if he did say what Warren claimed, there is nothing wrong with what he said. The context is most likely that he is criticizing how society view women, not his personal opinion that a woman is not capable of winning. Warren and the media obviously tried to make Bernie look like a sexist and that hes trying to attack Warren when none of this is true.

Edited by Faysalaaa
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 5

Eighteen
1 minute ago, David Ward said:

Bernie has never changed political stances in decades. You honestly think that after 5 decades, Bernie would throw it all away and change his mind? That's like saying Gaga, after building her career around integrity, finally gives up and no longer wants to advocate to the Gay or trans community. It's just simply not done.

Warren, on the other hand, is willing to jeopardize the election for Trump for her own gain.

bernie's not throwing anything away. it's commentary on the american electorate, not him. i personally don't think a woman can win in this climate and that opinion came after what i saw in 2016 and is being cemented by what i am seeing now with warren and sanders. they're both good candidates in my opinion and i find it interesting that in a sea of circumstantial evidence the woman is painted to be the bad guy when there's nothing wrong with what bernie said in the first place.

David Ward
2 minutes ago, Faysalaaa said:

The issue is with how they are trying to make Bernie look like a sexist. Even if he did say what Warren claimed, nothing wrong with what he said. The context is most likely that he is criticizing how society view women, not his personal opinion that a woman is not capable of winning. Warren and the media obviously tried to make Bernie looks like a sexist whos against women and trying to attack Warren when none of this is true.

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

auntiehunter
4 minutes ago, Faysalaaa said:

Warren and the media obviously tried to make Bernie looks like a sexist whos against women and trying to attack Warren when none of this is true.

this is.. no... warren has literally done nothing but stand her ground on this issue which obviously means she was offended by his statement *directly to her from him that none of us have heard except from her*. If you watched the end of the debate tonight it’s obvious that she is frustrated with how is responding to this so I think her feelings and response is genuine and very valid. Media is obviously playing a large part in making this worse then it should be.

• Sad 2

David Ward
4 minutes ago, auntiehunter said:

this is.. no... warren has literally done nothing but stand her ground on this issue which obviously means she was offended by his statement *directly to her from him that none of us have heard except from her*. If you watched the end of the debate tonight it’s obvious that she is frustrated with how is responding to this so I think her feelings and response is genuine and very valid. Media is obviously playing a large part in making this worse then it should be.

Well she just destroyed her entire campaign. Everyone is donating to Bernie right now. CNNisTrash is trending #3 pertaining to Warren.  Her voters are turning on her. And tonight was Bernie's biggest donations ever received throughout his entire campaign thus far.

https://www.newsweek.com/elizabeth-warren-bernie-sanders-refunds-trends-twitter-1482015

https://theintercept.com/2020/01/15/bernie-sanders-cnn-iowa-debate/

http://www.northwestgeorgianews.com/associated_press/warren-turns-back-to-women-voters-to-clear-path-to/article_28798fc4-d7ad-5eca-9035-f89606767d4d.html

I hope the lie, or exaggeration rather, was worth it :) 

Edited by David Ward
  • YAAAS 1
  • Thanks 1

Faysalaaa
Just now, auntiehunter said:

But what has Bernie said that makes her offended? like I said, even if Bernie did say it, there is nothing to be offended about. Stating facts about how society is sexist and wont let a woman be president offends her? I dont care if her "feelings" are "genuine", being genuine is not enough to make your argument valid.

• Thanks 1

David Ward
41 minutes ago, Eighteen said:

so you admit then that it's possible he could have said that? 

Bernie encouraged her to run for President and then told her there is no way she'll win? How does that work

Edited by David Ward
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Eighteen

again this is how i see it considering what i read:

i think bernie said it. i think warren supporters or bernie haters, one of the two or some combination thereof, leaked it to make bernie look bad. warren confirmed that he said it (because it happened) and as an added bonus perhaps in the hopes that it would give her some traction. and then bernie lied about saying it because that would look very bad considering people aren't sophisticated enough to realize what he said isn't an indictment on bernie and will accept nothing other than "a woman can win today in america." 

3 minutes ago, David Ward said:

Well she just destroyed her entire campaign. Everyone is donating to Bernie right now. CNNisTrash is trending #3 pertaining to Warren.  Her voters are turning on her. And tonight was Bernie's biggest donations ever received throughout his entire campaign thus far.

https://www.newsweek.com/elizabeth-warren-bernie-sanders-refunds-trends-twitter-1482015

https://theintercept.com/2020/01/15/bernie-sanders-cnn-iowa-debate/

http://www.northwestgeorgianews.com/associated_press/warren-turns-back-to-women-voters-to-clear-path-to/article_28798fc4-d7ad-5eca-9035-f89606767d4d.html

I hope the lie, or exaggeration rather, was worth it :) 

and this is the nail in the coffin that proves that a woman can't win the presidency. 

• LMAO 1
  • Sad 1

auntiehunter
1 minute ago, Faysalaaa said:

even if Bernie did say it, there is nothing to be offended about

lol but you can’t say this unless you’ve heard what he said to her, you can’t say her feelings are invalid that’s not how it works even if he did say it and she took it the wrong way 🤦🏼‍♂️ that’s literally the point I’m trying to make. There’s no point in cancelling her for having valid feelings for something they discussed and there’s no point in cancelling Bernie over something no one has any knowledge about other than her. Literally everyone is blowing this completely out of proportion. 

• Sad 2

auntiehunter
4 minutes ago, Eighteen said:

and this is the nail in the coffin that proves that a woman can't win the presidency.

and this is misogyny 

• LMAO 2