Sign in to follow this  
lgbt

Report: Grindr Violated Privacy Laws, Shared Users' Personal Data

Featured Posts

PoshLife

Twitter suspended Grindr from its ad network on Tuesday after a study alleged that the world's most popular gay dating app shared personal data with marketing partners without notifying users.

Grindr was one of 10 dating and health apps singled out in a report from the Norwegian Consumer Council, a government-funded nonprofit organization in Oslo. The report alleges that the apps shared user data in a way that violates privacy laws, including the European Union's General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).

The report alleges that Grindr transmitted data on its more than three million users – including IP addresses, gender, age and location data – to more than a dozen companies, including MoPub (Twitter's ad inventory manager).

Nine consumer groups including the ACLU sent a letter to Congress, the Federal Trade Commission and the state attorneys general of California, Texas and Oregon urging the regulators to investigate the allegations made in the report.

“Consumers cannot avoid being tracked by these apps and their advertising partners because they are not provided with the necessary information to make informed choices when launching the apps for the first time," the groups, wrote.

Read more: https://thehill.com/policy/technology/478282-twitter-suspends-grindr-from-ad-network-over-privacy-concerns

Edited by PoshLife
creek creek butter cartman yaoi kyle creek creek
  • Like 1
  • LMAO 1
  • Shook 2
  • Sad 3

RAMROD

Well, surprise, surprise, they are own by Mainland China company. :diane:

I am sure TikTok do that thing too. Hence is why I never use it.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ ♥ I'm ♥ A ♥ Bitch ♥ I'm ♥ A ♥ Boss ♥ And ♥ My ♥ Shine ♥ Like ♥ Gloss ♥
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

JusKeepBreathin

wig trixie GIF

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.
  • LMAO 4

Mister G
21 minutes ago, PoshLife said:

Twitter suspended Grindr from its ad network on Tuesday after a study alleged that the world's most popular gay dating app shared personal data with marketing partners without notifying users.

Grindr was one of 10 dating and health apps singled out in a report from the Norwegian Consumer Council, a government-funded nonprofit organization in Oslo. The report alleges that the apps shared user data in a way that violates privacy laws, including the European Union's General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).

The report alleges that Grindr transmitted data on its more than three million users – including IP addresses, gender, age and location data – to more than a dozen companies, including MoPub (Twitter's ad inventory manager).

Nine consumer groups including the ACLU sent a letter to Congress, the Federal Trade Commission and the state attorneys general of California, Texas and Oregon urging the regulators to investigate the allegations made in the report.

“Consumers cannot avoid being tracked by these apps and their advertising partners because they are not provided with the necessary information to make informed choices when launching the apps for the first time," the groups, wrote.

Read more: https://thehill.com/policy/technology/478282-twitter-suspends-grindr-from-ad-network-over-privacy-concerns

Wow Grindr may as well just become part of the Facebook brand since they like selling personal information.

PunkTheFunk

Somewhere in Beijing a data analyst is sifting through 3 million d!ck pics and logging them in a spreadsheet by size and curvature.

#Marianne2020
  • Like 1
  • LMAO 21
  • YAAAS 1
  • Shook 1

shame
3 minutes ago, PunkTheFunk said:

Somewhere in Beijing a data analyst is sifting through 3 million d!ck pics and logging them in a spreadsheet by size and curvature.

Where can I apply for this job position

Edited by shame
angels forever, forever angels
  • Like 2
  • LMAO 5
  • YAAAS 1
  • Thanks 2

Mister G
2 minutes ago, PunkTheFunk said:

Length x Girth x Curvature :enigma:

• Like 1
  • LMAO 1

Lion Heart

I knew something was off when they sold Grindr to China. 

see-u-in-court-38414223.png

• Like 1
  • LMAO 3

Computer

I expected better from Grindr.  I'd say I won't be using their app again, but I will, which is the sad thing.

💚💛💕❣⭕💢💢 | ⓜⓔⓡⓡⓨ ©ⓗⓡⓘⓢⓣⓜⓐⓢ
  • Like 1

Bae

Screw Grindr, they've banned me twice now for literally no reason. 

Let's take you to Chanel cuz' you look like hell.

RAMROD
12 minutes ago, Bae said:

Screw Grindr

:fan: 
but it’s virtual object tho? 

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ ♥ I'm ♥ A ♥ Bitch ♥ I'm ♥ A ♥ Boss ♥ And ♥ My ♥ Shine ♥ Like ♥ Gloss ♥

ProjectJoanne
19 minutes ago, Bae said:

Screw Grindr, they've banned me twice now for literally no reason. 

Grindr Reasonings: For being "too inappropriate" :huntyga:

DC

Bae
1 minute ago, ProjectJoanne said:

Grindr Reasonings: For being "too inappropriate" :huntyga:

The first time apparently I was impersonating someone.

The second time their reasoning over e-mail was posting inappropriate content and drug paraphernalia. 

Total joke. 

Let's take you to Chanel cuz' you look like hell.
  • LMAO 1