💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Underrated Hits

ThisGuyTony

Featured Posts

ThisGuyTony

What are some songs which you think are underrated hits? Songs that did really well but didn’t reach #1 or “meet” charts expectations from fans.

For me...

Applause (Gaga): Many people called it an “underperformance” but it’s her longest lasting top 10 hit, has over 220 million Spotify streams, and the MV is one of her most watched at almost 350 million views. :applause: 

Into You (Ariana): It didn’t go top 10 but it has massive streams on Spotify and YouTube (I believe over 700 million on each) and is a fan and GP favorite.

Waking Up In Vegas (Katy): After Thinking of You (which was kind of a flop) Katy scored another top 10 hit. Unfortunately this song was overshadowed by the Teenage Dream era.

3 (Britney): It was another US #1 but was overshadowed by the success of the Circus and Femme Fatale eras. It’s one of her most sold digital singles. 

7 minutes ago, ThisGuyTony said:

What are some songs which you think are underrated hits? Songs that did really well but didn’t reach #1 or “meet” charts expectations from fans.

For me...

Applause (Gaga): Many people called it an “underperformance” but it’s her longest lasting top 10 hit, has over 220 million Spotify streams, and the MV is one of her most watched at almost 350 million views. :applause: 

Into You (Ariana): It didn’t go top 10 but it has massive streams on Spotify and YouTube (I believe over 700 million on each) and is a fan and GP favorite.

Waking Up In Vegas (Katy): After Thinking of You (which was kind of a flop) Katy scored another top 10 hit. Unfortunately this song was overshadowed by the Teenage Dream era.

3 (Britney): It was another US #1 but was overshadowed by the success of the Circus and Femme Fatale eras. It’s one of her most sold digital singles. 

3 got old thoughh.........................

i agree with applause.

also, bon appetit. thereI said it. me and my gay friends we still bop to it. everytime it goes on we scream and we stop what were doing 

Fame Romance
8 minutes ago, ThisGuyTony said:

Totally agree with these 

I would add Britney’s song from Glory “Change Your Mind (No Seas Cortés)” (not a hit since it wasn’t even a single) but it is so good and sexy and sounds like a hit 

Magneto
7 minutes ago, Fish said:

also, bon appetit. thereI said it. me and my gay friends we still bop to it. everytime it goes on we scream and we stop what were doing 

Omg, thank you. I still to this day cant fanthom why people hate this song (besides the lyrics maybe). I remember she posted a snippet of the chorus and it instantly hooked into my brain. It is such a bop!

Free my mind

tanked in the US but did great for the rest of the world, I think. Girlfriend and When You're Gone really overshadowed this song :flop:

honestly super underrated :fail: even though it's a hit here in my country, it kinda underperformed as the lead single of Speak Now. i love a pessimistic taylor

this was huge but didn't match BMTL's success and didn't peak at number one... 

GAGA || TAYLOR || BJÖRK || KENDRICK || LANA || NICKI || MADONNA || KANYE || BEYONCÉ || MARIAH || MCR || KATE || RINA || CHARLI || FIONA

JusKeepBreathin

When ageism really started to hit Madonna. 

This masterpiece only made it to 58.

Marry The Night - Gaga

Rooftop & I Still Believe- Mariah

Problem & God is a Woman - Ariana

Britney Spears - Im a Slave for You

Carly Rae Jepsen - Cut to the Feeling

Also:

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

Archived