ūüéĄ Spotify Playlist ūüéĄ

Sign in to follow this  
society

Bernie Sanders Not Sexist... Young Turks Find Videos & Reasons Why

HorusRa2
8 minutes ago, Economy said:

It seems pretty obvious Warren knows this story is being embellished and taken out of context and she doesn't want to fully clarify because if this makes Bernie look bad it could benefit her

But I think a lot of people can see thru that and she's making a mistake. If she was honest and clarified rather than purposely trying to leave doubt it would say something positive about her character but instead this makes her look bad to anyone that has any common sense

It's sad, as a candidate and policy wise I still prefer her over Bernie as Bernie is a little to left for my taste on economic matters... But as a person he's definitely way more genuine as far as we can tell

I've been very potent about Warren over the primary, much more than you have been towards Bernie. I really appreciate the fact that you didn't take Warren's side automatically. Despite my opinions about Warren, Bernie has consistently advocated for Warren even in the primary. The only time he has really said anything about her directly or indirectly is about her voting for Trumps 2018 NDAA and on her stance with M4A. 

• Like 4

SKANK

Warren accused Bernie of saying a female candidate couldn't win in 2020. She is accusing him of saying a woman couldn't win specifically in 2020 against Trump, she wasn't talking about previous or future elections. Whether you think Warren is lying about that conversation or not, the old videos his supporters are circulating of him saying he thinks a woman should be President are irrelevant.

I don't think anyone seriously thinks Bernie is sexist, hence #WomenForBernie is trending world wide on twitter at the moment.

Economy
10 minutes ago, Buddy said:

We just want free healthcare honey

There's nothing wrong with that, I've always supported free healthcare

Economy
3 minutes ago, HorusRa2 said:

I've been very potent about Warren over the primary, much more than you have been towards Bernie. I really appreciate the fact that you didn't take Warren's side automatically. Despite my opinions about Warren, Bernie has consistently advocated for Warren even in the primary. The only time he has really said anything about her directly or indirectly is about her voting for Trumps 2018 NDAA and on her stance with M4A. 

I never take anyones side automatically

No one is perfect and I think ppl are far too black and white about politics tbh. A lot of ppl seem to think a certain side is near perfect or always in the right while the other side is the enemy

I think every candidate has good and bad. Some you may agree with more than others but there's pros and cons to everything

Ppl need to be more objective with politics and economy I think and try to look at the big picture of things. I think often times more than one stance can have it's valid points and u really have to consider many wide angles

Anyway I'm starting to go a bit off the main point...

What I'm trying to say is I never blindly support or defend someone automatically just because they are my favs... Just like I don't criticize anyone automatically.

I don't want to sound self-righteous here. But I think I'm better than most ppl at being unbiased and objective on these things. I criticize and praise ppl I support and don't support just as equally

Again, politics and candidates I think is taken too black and white all the time by too many ppl. Being in the right or in the wrong I think sometimes is a much more grey area than ppl take it for (especially when u get to economics that has like 5983648362 factors that affect it in multiple directions)

Economy
11 minutes ago, SKANK said:

Warren accused Bernie of saying a female candidate couldn't win in 2020. She is accusing him of saying a woman couldn't win specifically in 2020 against Trump, she wasn't talking about previous or future elections. Whether you think Warren is lying about that conversation or not, the old videos his supporters are circulating of him saying he thinks a woman should be President are irrelevant.

I don't think anyone seriously thinks Bernie is sexist, hence #WomenForBernie is trending world wide on twitter at the moment.

I don't think they are irrelevant. It shows his stances. It seems odd that someone who consistently supports women would say what he's accused of (at least in the implied context)

I agree it's not proof in itself. But it's evidence relevant enough to be worth considering

The fact that Warren is saying as little as she can on this I think is further proof the accusations are false... If they were true certainly she could use it to her advantage...

The fact that she's saying little does make it seem like she's trying to leave doubt in voters to hurt Bernie and benefit herself

Yes the videos don't 100% prove it. But when u take into account what his stances on women in politics has been and the fact that he even encouraged Warren to run in the past.... It would be odd if suddenly last year he decided a woman can't win the Presidency

So maybe there's no proof 100%... But common sense of putting the puzzle pieces together tell you this report was either embellished or taken out of context (or both)

Buddy
25 minutes ago, Economy said:

There's nothing wrong with that, I've always supported free healthcare

Haha, I know. You're Canadian. Was just referencing a meme :ally:

Edited by Buddy
  • Love 1

Economy
6 minutes ago, Buddy said:

Haha, I know. You're Canadian. Was just referencing a meme :ally:

Canada isn't even the best example of free healthcare tbh as many segments of our healthcare are actually private... 

Americans reference Canada a lot for Universal Health Care but most Nations in Europe are better examples tbh

Edit: just saw the video. Man she was agressive :deadbanana:

Edited by Economy

Florin

This doesnt prove anything, not that the Warren campaign has any proof that he did say that. 

And it's not like Bernie supporters need it this to be sure he didnt say it. They felt it before this video. 

SKANK
43 minutes ago, Economy said:

I agree it's not proof in itself.

Yes the videos don't 100% prove it.

So maybe there's no proof 100%...

Meanwhile the title  of the thread: Bernie Sanders Not Sexist... Young Turks Find Videos To Prove It

• Like 1

Economy
10 minutes ago, SKANK said:

Meanwhile the title  of the thread: Bernie Sanders Not Sexist... Young Turks Find Videos To Prove It

I'm talking about everything taken together pretty much proves it not anything specific on its own

But if Its bothering u or others I will change the title. It's not worth fighting about

Edited by Economy

Gov Hooka
1 hour ago, SKANK said:

this isn't what the CNN article stated.

from the CNN article: "Sanders responded that he did not believe a woman could win." Not a single amount of context was provided in the article.

And in terms of Warren's statement, she didn't expressly clarify that. "among the topics that came up, what would happen if Democrats nominated a female candidate. I thought a woman could win; he disagreed." She didn't link it to in 2020 against Trump. She didn't provide context when it was necessary and is purposefully being vague. And if you look at many Warren supporters on Twitter rn they are having a field day with painting Sanders as a sexist. Hence these videos coming out.

SKANK

12 minutes ago, Economy said:

I'm talking about everything taken together pretty much proves it not anything specific on its own

But if Its bothering u or others I will change the title. It's not worth fighting about

Oh I'm not fighting, it was just funny. :D

Just now, Gov Hooka said:

this isn't what the CNN article stated.

from the CNN article: "Sanders responded that he did not believe a woman could win." Not a single amount of context was provided in the article.

And in terms of Warren's statement, she didn't expressly clarify that. "among the topics that came up, what would happen if Democrats nominated a female candidate. I thought a woman could win; he disagreed." She didn't link it to in 2020 against Trump. She didn't provide context when it was necessary and is purposefully being vague. And if you look at many Warren supporters on Twitter rn they are having a field day with painting Sanders as a sexist. Hence these videos coming out.

I wasn't talking about the CNN article. I was talking about Warren's actual public comment, in which she absolutely linked Bernie's comments about nominating a female candidate to the 2020 election and defeating Trump.

Perhaps you didn't read it in full. Here it is:

EOM51E2X4AALxS4.jpg

Gov Hooka
Just now, SKANK said:

Oh I'm not fighting, it was just funny. :D

I wasn't talking about the CNN article. I was talking about Warren's actual public comment, in which she absolutely linked Bernie's comments about nominating a female candidate to the 2020 election and defeating Trump.

Perhaps you didn't read it in full. Here it is:

EOM51E2X4AALxS4.jpg

i read that statement and she still didn't link his disagreement with defeating Trump in 2020. She didn't state why or how he disagreed. Again intentionally leaving out the whole truth or being purposefully vague still makes one a liar.

StarstruckIllusion

Canceling Warren AND her supporters in one day... we hate to see it but well, she didn’t have to snap like this. 

SKANK
7 minutes ago, Gov Hooka said:

i read that statement and she still didn't link his disagreement with defeating Trump in 2020. She didn't state why or how he disagreed. Again intentionally leaving out the whole truth or being purposefully vague still makes one a liar.

She very clearly does link his comment to the 2020 election - that was the reason they met, and what they were discussing. She makes that explicitly clear. You have to willfully misread her statement to conclude she isn’t talking about the 2020 election, or you have to ignore parts of her statement - which you did in your original post to me.

What she does leave vague is the reason for his comments, likely in an effort to make him look bad. Which is dishonest, and not her first dishonest attack during the primary.

Edited by SKANK