Stefani Tee
Sign in to follow this  
opinion

ARTPOP is the last iconic pop era!

Featured Posts

freemymindARTPOP
1 hour ago, insight said:

It's about how deeply engraved was a particular era in people's collective conscience, not only LMs.  

I still think it was the 2009-2010 period. BTW started good, but then fizzled out after Judas.

Gaga was still everywhere in 2012-2013, its started to die down in 2014 with C2C then she performed at the 2015 Grammy and everyone was like "OMG WHAT SHE CAN SING:enigma:

i wanna be that gee uuu why

elijahfan

Um I'm afraid the ARTPOP era was mainly remarkable for its messiness... It was literally a succession of counter decisions and aborted projects (and deadass wrong decisions, hello R. Kelly). I'm pretty sure Gaga never wants to experience it again, and actually wants to make up for it with LG6 (the reuse of Petga at Enigma, the rumors of some companion video game and the "I don't remember ARTPOP" tweet being strong indicators of that imo).

Didymus

Why can't Gaga fans appreciate anything without ranking it as the best in comparison to all other artists? :smh: It's my favorite Gaga album but it's hardly iconic and it's definitely not the last iconic pop era either.

• Thanks 6

MessyTop

People trying to prove Joanne was iconic. Lol mess. The general public barley remembers it. Gaga barley remembers it. Lol. You can love it all you want, but stop trying to make Joanne be iconic. Is NOT

• Thanks 2

BadGurlMadge
15 hours ago, mamo said:

'A Star Is Born' I'm so sorry sweetie :bradley:

lady-gaga-oscar-1551091372.jpg

”Pop”

:selena:

well anyways it isn’t only Gaga that exists as a pop artist so I don’t agree. We had 1989 for example 

strike a ****ing pose

DiamondKing
14 hours ago, freemymindARTPOP said:

lmao everyone in europe atleast remembers ARTPOP:trollga:

she was EVERYWERE here:trollga:

so uhm :bye:

oh wait you said you love ARTPOP, YAASSS ARTBOP but i think that people who doesn’t like the album just told themselves that this art era that was too complex for their yeehaw brains to handle wasn’t real and nobody remembers it

the GP doesn’t remember Joanne after ASIB but yall aint ready for that thread:queenga:

also look at ARTPOP vs Joanne debut numbers:huntyga:

How do you know she was everywhere when you probably lived in one country? :selena:

ARTPOP is my favorite Gaga album but to call it iconic - at least when you don't look at it as a stan - is a reach, the GP only remembers TF, TFM and BTW

Gaga pretty much died in Europe after Born This Way and only had her revival with Shallow last year - at least where I live

Edited by DiamondKing
Ain't got no tears left to cry 💧
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

BadGurlMadge
12 minutes ago, Didymus said:

Why can't Gaga fans appreciate anything without ranking it as the best in comparison to all other artists? :smh: It's my favorite Gaga album but it's hardly iconic and it's definitely not the last iconic pop era either.

I’m gonna say this y’all. Madonna’s “flop” eras aka Erotica and Bedtime Stories were ten times as big as Gaga’s ARTPOP and Joanne. In fact, Gaga isn’t anywhere near the artist that dominates the music industry. That’s Taylor Swift currently, and just because she’s y’all’s fave doesn’t mean they’re the biggest and most iconic artist in music history

strike a ****ing pose
  • Like 1

vivre sa vie

I think 'ARTPOP' was a good idea in terms of concept but the final result was OVERPRODUCED.

• Thanks 1

MaryJaneHolland

it is not iconic

NOTHING IS HAPPENING THIS MONTH
  • LMAO 1
  • Thanks 2

freemymindARTPOP
28 minutes ago, DiamondKing said:

How do you know she was everywhere when you probably lived in one country? :selena:

ARTPOP is my favorite Gaga album but to call it iconic - at least when you don't look at it as a stan - is a reach, the GP only remembers TF, TFM and BTW

Gaga pretty much died in Europe after Born This Way and only had her revival with Shallow last year - at least where I live

lmao you live in european Azerbaijan? :selena:

she didn’t die after BTW lol she was really big with ARTPOP 

nobody remembers Joanne now tho:huntyga:

insight
1 hour ago, freemymindARTPOP said:

Gaga was still everywhere in 2012-2013, its started to die down in 2014 with C2C then she performed at the 2015 Grammy and everyone was like "OMG WHAT SHE CAN SING:enigma:

She was everywhere when Applause was released, but it didn't click with the general public, imho.

lavenderblondee

The start of the era was...truly mesmerizing. The original mermaid wavy hair with the modern chic outfits put me into an early grave :flutter:  ARTPOP truly was the era of taking a 180 turn real fast (and I'm not saying that in a bad way)

lady-gaga-b6495e0f227f07e509361bfd5f4eb0

• Love 1

freemymindARTPOP
13 minutes ago, insight said:

She was everywhere when Applause was released, but it didn't click with the general public, imho.

Applause was a big hit and alot of critics praised it as "gagas win over the haters and her broken hip" she also held up a fake leg while wearing an amazing John Galliano lewk:flutter:but thats irrelevant haha

I think Applause got everyones attention, look at the GMA arrivial of her

but I think a while alot of haters popped up and all the LMs who didn't get it and therefore branded her as a "flop" didn't help either:(

• Like 1